Redesign Launch - Stage 2 in progress

Dark0ne

In response to post #55652381.

"Uh, nothing changed on the forum site..."

Why would you assume they were looking at this on the Forum side? I, and I am sure many others, have been commenting under the news post, and so are not seeing the Forum layout, but rather the new one.

Then that just makes it more ridiculous.

"I'm going to force myself to use the new site to post on the forums to increase my bile so I can dump it in the thread."

Block Increased To 61 *snappy drum-sound*

Seriously, if your "eyes hurt," why would you not just hit the singular link (no digging!) in the corner to flip to the forums?

Speech Increased to 49 *snappy drum-sound*

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you assume they were looking at this on the Forum side? I, and I am sure many others, have been commenting under the news post, and so are not seeing the Forum layout, but rather the new one.

"I'm going to force myself to use the new site to post on the forums to increase my bile so I can dump it in the thread."

Seriously, if your "eyes hurt," why would you not just hit the singular link (no digging!) in the corner to flip to the forums?

On that topic, I wasn't even aware this doubled as a news post until yesterday. :unsure: And I've not been on the old site since... don't even remember when I was last there.

Edited by Niborino9409

In response to post #55653076.

Niborino9409 wrote:

On that topic, I wasn't even aware this doubled as a news post until yesterday. :unsure: And I've not been on the old site since... don't even remember when I was last there.

Yes, many people that commonly use the Forums are not really aware of the other view of the posts, and many people that usually use the web-pages and are not comfortable with Forums are not really aware of the Forum view. For myself, I can't live without reply nesting, which is why I rarely ever use the Forums, even if the layout and coloration there is now better.

In response to post #55653076. #55653371 is also a reply to the same post.

Niborino9409 wrote:

Eolhin wrote: Yes, many people that commonly use the Forums are not really aware of the other view of the posts, and many people that usually use the web-pages and are not comfortable with Forums are not really aware of the Forum view. For myself, I can't live without reply nesting, which is why I rarely ever use the Forums, even if the layout and coloration there is now better.

I don't know what reply nesting is. But I'm used to both sides of the site(forums/main site) so I can find my way around both.

In response to post #55647331. #55649666, #55650366, #55651916 are all replies on the same post.

Ganjolfio wrote: Not an improvement. Chaotic, ugly and not even as far intuitive like the old one was. My eyes are bleeding. Now let me cry properly the old site. Cya.
SilentWarriorr wrote: +666. i hope that main admin/s here are not stinky retards as many others done such or so redesign and will keep the old layout in some way... (as old site or an option in setting or other method)
sopmac45 wrote: Well, do you have a constructive and positive feedback so they can improve what you obviously see it is "ugly" or are you just crying and whining like a baby ? Go ahead, give us your feedback and if it is something valid, I am pretty sure the Nexus staff will include it in their to-do-list. Any valid feedback? Your brain does not tick any idea? Sayonara then !!
Maru007 wrote: Constructive and positive feedback is that the old layout is an improvement on the new. What's not hard to understandard about that?

constructive feedback...? Really? ok.
Just learn one truth: you shall not touch what is already working very good.
_Maybe_ implement one of the small improvement (to searh engine or whatever) but that's all.
Seems you're not in hard programming, or you're just that sort of new-glamorous "coders"
But. if you so like this "new" design - ok, sayonara then! go and use it on your (and who else like it)own and don't ever touch our old nexus. Edited by SilentWarriorr

All my helpful file download descriptions... POOF! Unless users specifically expand the download tabs for more info, you have people downloading the wrong files. Which will happen. A lot.

My last straw really; So long, Nexus. You were great while you lasted. I have no interest in adding content for a site that is so horrendously dysfunctional.

Edited by drithius

In response to post #55653076. #55653371, #55653481 are all replies on the same post.

Niborino9409 wrote:

Eolhin wrote: Yes, many people that commonly use the Forums are not really aware of the other view of the posts, and many people that usually use the web-pages and are not comfortable with Forums are not really aware of the Forum view. For myself, I can't live without reply nesting, which is why I rarely ever use the Forums, even if the layout and coloration there is now better.
Niborino9409 wrote: I don't know what reply nesting is. But I'm used to both sides of the site(forums/main site) so I can find my way around both.

On the Forum side, all posts, regardless what they were in reply to, go in sequential order by the time/date it was posted, and it can be hard to find what a post was in reply to.

On the web side, if you have the correct configurations set in your settings, a reply to a post gets nested under the post it is in reply to (indented), and also bumps the post it was in reply to, thus keeping conversations much clearer, and making troubleshooting several problems at once much easier, which is usually what I am doing (in support of a mod). Thus it is a non-Forum feature I really can't do without. The Forums have much better color/size/image features when posting though, so I will venture to the dark side (literally, the background is much darker, not an insult) when I have to make a more graphical post. I wish the bright white posting box here was more like the nice dark one on the Forum side.

In response to post #55654246.

drithius wrote: All my helpful file download descriptions... POOF! Unless users specifically expand the download tabs for more info, you have people downloading the wrong files. Which will happen. A lot.

My last straw really; So long, Nexus. You were great while you lasted. I have no interest in adding content for a site that is so horrendously dysfunctional.

I would call this order or tidiness. ;)

Joking aside and only speaking for me, I find the download section way more clear as long as the misc-files are "hidden". For me it would even be ok if the optional files were hidden too, since I came to your mod page for the (main) mod. Additions should be clearly marked as such. If I want them, let me click on them and find out if these are for me or not. Edited by cypher27