LordWushin

32 members have voted

1. 1. What you think!

• Fake
    • Possible
    • Highly Probable
    • Awesome Idea
    • No preference

For Pete's sake, people... Read the information! Bethesda isn't Zenimax. It's a subsidiary company. ZeniMax Online Studios is a different studio than Bethesda. Obviously dedicated to developing MMO games, as the name and the info on the page says. BGS is currently working on Skyrim, and the first DLC hasn't even been released, so they won't be making whatever MMO ZOS is developing. While subsidiaries of ZeniMax Media, they're two completely independent studios.

Just as Dark0ne said in his post, it wouldn't make any sense that Skyrim would be affected. From a business point of view.

Edited by Yoshh

For Pete's sake, people... Read the information! Bethesda isn't Zenimax. It's a subsidiary company. ZeniMax Online Studios is a different studio than Bethesda. Obviously dedicated to developing MMO games, as the name and the info on the page says. BGS is currently working on Skyrim, and the first DLC hasn't even been released, so they won't be making whatever MMO ZOS is developing. While subsidiaries of ZeniMax Media, they're two completely independent studios.

Just as Dark0ne said in his post, it wouldn't make any sense that Skyrim would be affected. From a business point of view.

I know it wouldn't be BGS themselves working on it, but it's still a waste of money on Zenimax's part.

you are kidding right? TES online is probably going to do quite well.. as long as they don't totally botch it up.

wait a minute

who's producing this ?

the people who gave us Fallout 3

with an included DVD bypass program on the distribution disk

or is it the people who gave us DLC for Oblivion that always came with

game crippling bugs (horse armor, orrery, KOTN, frostcrag spire. . . {yes each had a crippling bug that needed to be fixed by the modding community})

Okay so a completely different studio that didn't work on the TES games at all is making a TES MMO. Pretty pro business plan.

Probably going to be a WoW clone. Having a entirely different studio for MMOs does not make this look good. They are going to probably follow the same old MMO format and it won't be good at all.

If you are expecting something like Oblivion or Skyrim online, you are most likely going to be disappointed.

Okay so a completely different studio that didn't work on the TES games at all is making a TES MMO

so a studio owned by Bethesda isn't Bethesda

when is a door not a door

when its a sub committee

I voted Highly probable, not because I hope it happens but simply because I think it's going to. IGN and GI and a lot of others seem to think so as well. So I'm guessing whoever the anonymous source is that "leaked" this information has to be somewhat credible....right?

Although that being said, Eurogamer only a few months before Skyrim was announced strongly believed that TES V was going to be a direct sequal to Oblivion just because one of their editors happened to sit by one of the developers of Bethesda on a plane ride who apparently was talking about how the game would indeed be a direct sequal of Oblivion (yeah right) so I don't know. I guess it could be a swing or a miss.

As far as MMOs go, I don't really think it matters who makes it, BGS or ZOS, either way I think it really is a bad idea, I mean, the entirety of TES games has always been about a single hero coming along in times of crisis and turmoil and ends up saving the land. I don't understand how an MMO would fit into the lore of TES, it just doesn't make any sense to me.

Personally I think it'll be a really bad MMO that just happens to get a lot of (initial) attention simply because of the TES name and thats it. But yeah **shrugs** thats just my opinion.