New design constructive feedback

Dark0ne

What money? He's not a paid member, didn't even pay for the service to turn off the ads, and yet, he's willing to say something like that? That's hypocritical, pure and simple. To threaten to not post mods you haven't even made makes that statement even more asinine.

I was just speaking generally, with that, since you made the remark about the $2 thing.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What money? He's not a paid member, didn't even pay for the service to turn off the ads, and yet, he's willing to say something like that? That's hypocritical, pure and simple. To threaten to not post mods you haven't even made makes that statement even more asinine.

I was just speaking generally, with that, since you made the remark about the $2 thing.

Yes, because this:

"The new design is so bad that I have wholeheartedly stopped supporting this website...ontop of reactivating my AdBlock for the Nexus only."

...is hypocrisy when you aren't even a paid member, nor have you even paid the $2 to turn off ads. It's $2, not $20, not $10. I could go collect cans in my basement and get $2. If he's complaining about $2, or trying to insinuate that is some kind of huge investment in the site that gives him the right to patently false statements like this:

"This redesign is non-functional and downright unnecessary, and I'll not support the Nexus if it continues to make decisions that reduce the utility of the overall website for its users."

...that is hypocrisy, and he is wrong because even premium members have no vote, and nothing gives any member the right to sit there and post demonstrably false statements about the site. And I'm willing to bet he never once turned off the AdBlock in the first place because of the way he tacked that on at the end, as if throwing one last barb in there.

Learn to read between the lines of people's b.s.

Edited by twowolves80

Yes, because this:

"The new design is so bad that I have wholeheartedly stopped supporting this website...ontop of reactivating my AdBlock for the Nexus only."

...is hypocrisy when you aren't even a paid member, nor have you even paid the $2 to turn off ads. It's $2, not $20, not $10. I could go collect cans in my basement and get $2. If he's complaining about $2, or trying to insinuate that is some kind of huge investment in the site that gives him the right to patently false statements like this:

"This redesign is non-functional and downright unnecessary, and I'll not support the Nexus if it continues to make decisions that reduce the utility of the overall website for its users."

...that is hypocrisy, and he is wrong because even premium members have no vote, and nothing gives any member the right to sit there and post demonstrably false statements about the site. And I'm willing to bet he never once turned off the AdBlock in the first place because of the way he tacked that on at the end, as if throwing one last barb in there.

As long as y'all don't derail this for $2 :whistling: :tongue:

I'm more interested in what people think of the site to be honest :dance: Because I like it!

Edited by Niborino9409

lol Wut? No Spiderman-Derailed-The-Thread Jokes?

I would actually like to see the News & Updates section moved up with the list of games on the side. The News should be the first thing we see in case Dark0ne has to make important announcements about the site itself.

Yes, because this:

First off, take a chill pill. Secondly, again, I was *speaking generally*, to the point of, again, there's clearly a ton of people who aren't happy with this-maybe some of them are premium, maybe they're annoyed enough to cancel their subscription, I don't know, I'm not them, and I don't really talk to anyone from here, but we shouldn't write that many people off with similar opinions about not liking the change with a sneer and say 'GTFO', whether they're paid or not, *that's* the point I was making, not whether or not what that other guy said was stupid (which, by the way, I agree with you, those specific statements were, I never said they weren't.)

And we may not get a direct vote, but the admins are clearly interested in our opinions, else why would that have an *entire feedback forum*? They'd be foolish to ignore a ton of people saying 'I don't like this'.

The new design places more emphasis on pictures than text. In this list for example, a mod's picture is using 35 thousand pixels but the readable text is limited to 27 thousand pixels only.

This would be fine for an adult modding site, but it's a major design error for Nexusmods because it doesn't take into account that most mods here cannot be represented by pictures. Examples of such mods from this list:

• SkyUI
  • Armor and Weapon Keywords Community Resource (AWKCR)
  • Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch
  • Morrowind Code Patch
  • Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch
  • Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS
  • NVAC - New Vegas Anti Crash
  • Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch
  • Script Merger
  • Realistic Ragdolls and Force
  • Alternate Start - Live Another Life

I'm not sure how this can be fixed; perhaps providing mod authors the option to forfeit a representative image in exchange of text ?

don't know about anyone else, but for me it lags bad. might be my isp, but i had no issue with the old layout.

I agree, made the mistake of trying the new site layout and now can't go back to the old one. Please restore the site so it is possible to find things again.

I think a simple UI change in the splash page would be useful. Move the News & Announcements section up to the top, shrink the tiles for the different games to icon size (like the size of the little SKSE icon on our task bars) and put them to the side, and then make the All of Our Mods section dynamic--depending on what you select in the side bar where the icons are, changes the options presented in that mods section.

Problem solved.

I don't find the site contrasty on my Macbook when browsing generally. I don't know what people are talking about. I like the clean look, but agree that the buttons should either be rendered in 3D or the text on the buttons and the links itself should be made bigger and bolder.

Keep up the good work!

:)