New design constructive feedback

Dark0ne

It's just way too much information at once. For a new person just starting to mod their game, I think it could be a bit overwhelming at first. I would love to see a more "compact" version of the new layout, almost like a mashup of the old site and the new. Oh, and the old site may have had issues, but damn was it easy to use.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made a thread for feedback, but not interested in feedback.

Closed down half a dozen others...

But more to the point, by the time the new design went public, the big decisions had already been made by the admins and a select few who had early access. There were never going to be any major changes after that.

I'm not sure you know what absolution means, either.

Ah yes, good old English superiority complex. Rest assured you're not the only one here who has enjoyed a decent education.

Edited by Hallodria

There were never going to be any major changes after that.

Plenty of changes are coming based on legitimate concerns and feedback being provided by users who have valid points. We need to actually get the site fully out the door, first. So we just have to sit here and take lots of s#*! from impatient users who really should know better, while we collate useful information from users who are actually interested in helping us out and making the site better.

That's what is happening now.

Ah yes, good old English superiority complex. Rest assured you're not the only one here who has enjoyed a decent education.

Ok?

"Closed down half a dozen others...

But more to the point, by the time the new design went public, the big decisions had already been made by the admins and a select few who had early access. There were never going to be any major changes after that."
-- Yea, let's have 100 threads beating the same horse till it dies instead of a centralized one which can be actually used.
-- You sound really similar to a certain beth user that can't think further than their own nose and thinks everything should be made with them in mind.

Oh, and the old site may have had issues, but damn was it easy to use.

It's mainly due to not being used to the new design. You have spent more time on the old one than on the new design. If one comes from the new to the old it would be the same thing. :smile:

Edit: On that topic, I am getting more used to the design myself now. It's neat being able to have the images directly above the mods. I could be mistaken but the videos seem to appear there too. Is all video/images put into the single category Media now?

Edit 2: Yup, videos did show up there. I'd prefer having it more categorized, Images on their own and video on their own. For clarity. If possible. :laugh:

Edited by Niborino9409

Please please please please please!

Have those black bars FULLY minimized when viewing an image.

Opening an image pulls out the black bars which are constricting the image, making it impossible to see it in all its glory because 1 centimeter is cut off from both ends. I'm talking about the top bar with the extra buttons like ZOOM/DOWNLOAD and FULLSCREEN along with the bottom bar which contains the title. Why do we need these bars ? On PC all these functions already exist. Right click to download image, ctrl + scroll to zoom. On mobile, two fingers to zoom, hold the finger to download. There's no point in this obstruction of an image that is being forced upon the image. It may not sound like a big deal to you, but it is a big deal to people who appreciate images.

Also it's quite ironic that there's a FULLSCREEN button available which once again does not remove those black bars at all. It's contradictory to the whole point of clicking on an image. So please... minimize the bars or add an option for users so we can choose to have it minimized by default.

And please bring back the option to choose a mod's header image from already uploaded images.

Leave the mouse alone for five seconds and the the top bar on a mod image disappears, in the imageshare both top and bottom go after five seconds.

Slow, difficult to read, hard on the eyes -- really awful in just about every way. And really, how much space do you need to request readers to download malware accept advertisements?

Either my file was very small or the file upload speed has improved. I am impressed.

But also some bad news: When I'm editing a description in half the window size(or any other mode that makes it so that the interface adapts to the window size) the font size button seems totally gone. I can't find it unless I go back to fullscreen. All other buttons are there except that one.

It's really neat that I can link to the thumbnails used in the gallery. Saves space.

Edited by Niborino9409

And putting the function to switch between author images and user images for a mod in a menu? Really? All you need is to have just one button to switch between the two.

K. I. S. S.

Keep it simple silly. It would be better if the whole UI was designed with this in mind. No needless menus, no overly complex UI. The best looking websites follow this principle to the letter.

Edited by Guest