New design constructive feedback

Dark0ne

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also forgot to mention that Nexus Mods isn't a social media website like facebook or twitter. It's about the modding community and the MODS. Having something that looks like a rejected Windows 8 setup isn't really the best idea I've personally seen. I do applaud the designer for trying but the idea doesn't seem fitting for the Nexus. The old layout showed what needed to be showed without the fluff, and gave SIMPLE areas to search for mods, creators, images and the like. There was no needed bells and whistles.

It's like looking for a basic vehicle with standerd transmission with just power windows, locks, steering, and such without brake assist, lane departure, and every driver assist not needed. You want better drivers, have them learn in basic old school vehicles.

My point is by added so much fluff and junk to the website, people will start to forget what the website was there for.

Again, it's a shame to lose people, but if those people won't even wait until after the release of Vortex... *shrug* What can I say? I'd like to see the web designer's response to all this, too. That would be interesting to hear her side of it and why she made certain choices over others. Any chance you can invite her in for a civil Q&A, Dark0ne? To keep it civil, you (Dark0ne) could present our questions to her (to keep cranks and trolls from doing what they do) in a thread?

"Anything you can do on the current site you should be able to do on the new site. If there's something missing or not working right, we really need to know about it."

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6038813-nexus-mods-redesign-link-inside/

Been going through the website bit by bit.

Can no longer open the top images directly from the mod description page via new tab middle click. (it just opens a duplicate page, not the image)

Can no longer change global filter settings (like gore) from just changing the mod search filter settings.

Can no longer search an empty keyword box (requires at least 3 characters now).

Can no longer have the mod search results default to small tiles display.

Can no longer view the latest top mods/images/recent mods simultaneously on the front page. (We reeeaally hate the new large sized format which could easily be solved with a scale setting, and please make them all uniform because those two big image tiles look like buck teeth web design wise).

Edited by Guest

Again, it's a shame to lose people, but if those people won't even wait until after the release of Vortex... *shrug* What can I say? I'd like to see the web designer's response to all this, too. That would be interesting to hear her side of it and why she made certain choices over others. Any chance you can invite her in for a civil Q&A, Dark0ne? To keep it civil, you (Dark0ne) could present our questions to her (to keep cranks and trolls from doing what they do) in a thread?

The release of Vortex? If Vortex looks like what we are currently trying out, then I don't think I am going to like it either. A better choice would be to show the difference and make a poll on what people like better.

Words cannot express my levels of disdain for both Flat Design aesthetics (ooh, look, the rectangle tool + solid color fill = Design) and the drop-down-on-mouseover thing happening with the top grey navigation bar. The last thing I want when moving my mouse around is a bunch of boxes popping in and out of existence, if they could be "click to drop down" instead that'd be swell.

Or, best yet, just let us choose to keep using the old site design that doesn't look like Windows 10 and Twitter had a grotesque Flat Design baby.