⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

About 'The Nexus mods' site maintenance cost

pyun1332

2 MB means 2 million bytes of data (size of a mod)

2 MB/s means 2 million bytes per second (download speed)

Again, it comes down to not reading carefully what a website says ....

More and more people are too lazy to actually read, they just quickly glance over any text ...

I guess that is just a thing nowadays ...

To be fair to a lot of people, a ton of people are dyslexic and don't even know they are. I wouldn't say it all comes down to laziness though.

Yeah ....

I keep forgetting that that is a thing ...

I'm not dyslexic but I do have dyscalculia, which is basically the math equivalent of dyslexia. I have issues understanding number related concepts, doing math problems and completing calculations. It used to be worse when I was younger but now that I am an adult I like to think I've gotten better, but sometimes I get confused by what I see or just make blatant mistakes. Not a big excuse for what happened when I looked at the mods, but it kind of explains why it may have went over my head so easily. I have been downloading mods for years so I usually just remember how everything works, its been a while since I've played skyrim though and I think I just forgot some key stuff I used to have memorized.

Premium users get uncapped download rates, and they don't see any ads. :smile: If you are downloading a bunch, it's worth it to buy a one month premium, and when it expires, you still get supporter, so, still no ads. :D (aside from the site still plugging premium membership when you download yet more mods. :) )

Edited by HeyYou

• 6 months later...

I think the point, which I completely agree with, is that basically no one cares enough about mod download speed to open their wallet and sign up for YET ANOTHER premium online service. Those of you who are defending this, I think you're just kinda sensitive because YOU pay for the site. If you can afford to pay a couple of bucks to every website that you visit more than once a year sure, your money, go for it, but don't pretend like the rest of us are the weird ones for not wanting to/ being able to afford dropping a sub fee on literally every irrelevant thing we use once in awhile. I know server fees are expensive, but I think it should be either ads for free or no ads for pay, not throttle the speed for everyone not wanting to dish out CC info for what is at the end of the day a freaking mod site for computer games. This is barely a service to begin with and not one I'd ever even remotely consider paying for.

Guest deleted34304850

what provoked you to add that response, your only post ever on these forums? interested in what triggered you given the last update to this thread was over six months ago?

I think the point, which I completely agree with, is that basically no one cares enough about mod download speed to open their wallet and sign up for YET ANOTHER premium online service. Those of you who are defending this, I think you're just kinda sensitive because YOU pay for the site. If you can afford to pay a couple of bucks to every website that you visit more than once a year sure, your money, go for it, but don't pretend like the rest of us are the weird ones for not wanting to/ being able to afford dropping a sub fee on literally every irrelevant thing we use once in awhile. I know server fees are expensive, but I think it should be either ads for free or no ads for pay, not throttle the speed for everyone not wanting to dish out CC info for what is at the end of the day a freaking mod site for computer games. This is barely a service to begin with and not one I'd ever even remotely consider paying for.

It's big service in my opinion. It's also a one-time payment that gets you no ads and increases your speed a little of a bigger one-time payment that removes ads and uncaps the speed for life. On top of that the ads don't pay out much at all.