⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

About 'The Nexus mods' site maintenance cost

pyun1332

If this feature is essentially only making download time faster/better... why didn't they simply say that???

They did say that. It's not their fault you don't know what 2MBS (which really should be written 2MB/s, but meh) means.

When I wen't on their website to look at mods, they did not say that. Even when I clicked on the option to pay for a subscription, they did not say that. In fact, they didnt give me any concrete information on what the subscription would give me exactly. It is my bad for not knowing what that meant, I admit, but then again how they worded it was still misleading.

When I wen't on their website to look at mods, they did not say that. Even when I clicked on the option to pay for a subscription, they did not say that. In fact, they didnt give me any concrete information on what the subscription would give me exactly. It is my bad for not knowing what that meant, I admit, but then again how they worded it was still misleading.

I don't know when you last checked, but they most definitely explain what you get when you subscribe, as found here with the 1 month subscription. Is it the best description? No. But it does adaquately explain what you get when you subscribe.

I don't know when you last checked, but they most definitely explain what you get when you subscribe, as found here with the 1 month subscription. Is it the best description? No. But it does adaquately explain what you get when you subscribe.

Thanks for sending me this link. I definitely did NOT see this description at all when I clicked initially. This explained it adequately but what I saw did not. I admit, I was ignorant of what "2mb" meant and assumed that it meant I could not download a mod larger than 2mb, that was my fault because I was judging it at face value. The first thing I saw looked to have been something explicitly telling me I could not download it. I was wrong though, obviously.

Thanks for sending me this link. I definitely did NOT see this description at all when I clicked initially. This explained it adequately but what I saw did not. I admit, I was ignorant of what "2mb" meant and assumed that it meant I could not download a mod larger than 2mb, that was my fault because I was judging it at face value. The first thing I saw looked to have been something explicitly telling me I could not download it. I was wrong though, obviously.

No worries, we all make mistakes from time to time. I certainly have. What's important, I think, is acknowledging a mistake, privately or publicly, if only for the purposes of learning from it. :)

2 MB means 2 million bytes of data (size of a mod)

2 MB/s means 2 million bytes per second (download speed)

Again, it comes down to not reading carefully what a website says ....

More and more people are too lazy to actually read, they just quickly glance over any text ...

I guess that is just a thing nowadays ...

No worries, we all make mistakes from time to time. I certainly have. What's important, I think, is acknowledging a mistake, privately or publicly, if only for the purposes of learning from it. :smile:

Yes!

So much YES!

Acknowledging that you made a mistake it the first step in learning.

Don't be ashamed that you made a mistake, just move on and see what you can learn from it.

I made lots of stupid mistakes that made me look like a complete idiot before and I am still here ...

And I will likely make more stupid mistakes in the future.

But I don't see that as a negative thing, it is an opportunity to learn something.

Sorry if it sounded like I was making fun of you or something like that, I didn't mean it that way ...

More and more people are too lazy to actually read, they just quickly glance over any text ...

To be fair to a lot of people, a ton of people are dyslexic and don't even know they are. I wouldn't say it all comes down to laziness though.

To be fair to a lot of people, a ton of people are dyslexic and don't even know they are. I wouldn't say it all comes down to laziness though.

Yeah ....

I keep forgetting that that is a thing ...