game broken

theblackpenny

semi working again,,,was big help..(i think)
disabled everything...one by one installed again.,,, and edited the list..
couple crashes here and there ,, sorted more,,, crashes again,,, sorted,, disabled and enabled one by one,,
sorted more..
started new game,,,stable...
added and added ,,, crash
figured out what and where (sorta)
was able to get my old save game running again,,,,

now its certain trades with settlers thats a bit buggy,,

its a main file and a workbench,,,

its running ..
bit jittery,,,but running..

and wow,, maps all messed up,, 120 settlers at city,,,,,, erm....nevermind.

workshop menu messed up,,, cant find certain items, decorations, and other usual things that come in the workshop panel,
luckely i have SKE,, as a workround .

just a heads up that its sorta working now.

does loot order actually do anything ?

i see it picks up errors or bugs,

and tells you how to clean them,,, but when i enter nexus mod manager,,,,the files are still in the same order..

LOOT keeps track of mods and checks priorities and/or conflicts/errors thanks to a masterlist to which known working mods are added on a regular basis. Make sure you have set the path to LOOT through NMM's "Supported Tools" option at the top middle of the interface (the folder icon with the crossed screwdriver/wrench). Then start LOOT from inside NMM.

Secondly, before sorting with LOOT, make sure it's set for the game you intend to sort plug-ins for (top middle of LOOT's interface) and also close NMM before sorting, otherwise the plug-ins order won't change in NMM.

To sort plug-ins with LOOT, you need to hit the icon with the three horizontal stripes (fourth icon from the right at the top) and when done hit "save" (appearing in the same spot where the three stripes were before).

• 2 weeks later...

i would just like to add
a thank you.

out of everybody,, you seem to be the only one actually trying to take the time and help.

i have joined a few forums and stipulated my issues , with very little response.
many have had similar problems,, and some resolved,
i have encountered egocentric arrogant fools,, that seem to hide behind a screen.
hardly even lending a helping hand when they know how and where....

my problem is still ot solved,, i have sped the game up,, and some other older mods have decided to activate (wow)
but i must say thank you.

tried loot,, and then tried fo4edit (found loads of issues,, but dont know how to address those)
i have a bag full of tools,, breaking my game,, and making it.
my second character is pretty useless (is amusing )

but im learning,
thank you

The only advice I can give you, after reading your "problems" is to start all over with modding; delete the lot from NMM when using it and begin with mods that other mods will need. Stuff like the Unofficial Patch, SKSE and some such.

And before installing anything, read the descriptions on the mod pages, because, to me, it sounds like you are just doing something/anything and see if it will work. Well, it won't. And when it does it's going to be only for so long...

I agree 100% with JimmyRJump .... @ OP : you would have to simplify your game ( not to choose that many mods ), apply the correct load order ( here in Nexus, you can find several guides about that ), read the mod author's recommendations about load order and compatibility ( read all the posts as well ), clean your master files, use LOOT and I would suggest, to watch the video located in War of the Commonwealth ( WOTC ) so you can learn the basis on how to create a patch and how to deal with mod conflicts.

Last night I made my own first patch. So far my game is running without any problem and if it breaks because I made a mistake, I will try to fix it as many times as I need it, till I learn this stuff. If others can do it, I can do it too.

If you want your game to run as perfect as you want, you would have to do all this and still there is no guarantee that you will not have a few CTD's ... but most likely, your game will run much better. I do completely agree with JimmyRJump that you need to start from scratch all over again. At this point, your game is all f*#@ed up I guess that it will be very hard, even for the most experienced players to fix it.