MxR and ModDrop....

drmabuse1981

Well I've won quite a few cases, mainly with ISPs, and a few other subscriptions (Adobe a big one) and quite a number of debt collectors, due to their terms being unlawful or their actions entirely illegal. Judge or relevant department did not care about any signed contract in them cases. But yes in short I've found a lot of these types of things are circumvent-able on account of the terms being unlawful or outright illegal, but that's just how it is here I guess, I know the US for example is pro-conglomerati.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't there a lot of problem with kids uploading mods on to Bethesda.net without the permission of the mod authors?

the funny thing is MXR actually complained about this in one of his videos

Edited by bajs11

MXR actually use links directly to the mods on the nexus on his videos where he tests mods and if I'm not mistaken also have a mention of the mod author in one way or another if not by speech then by text on the video (as proof here is the link to his first video for fallout 4 mods weekly ).

PS: He still has the same format in his latest fallout 4 mod video

(Edit for misspelling, english ain't my native language)

Edited by KrisGame

Just touching this from a moral standpoint, I think MxR, and other such indivdiuals and groups, should use the community as a guideline for what they should do. While a modder's ToS is of a grey area at best, there are general agreements and guidelines that MxR should know and follow. Imo, I don't think he really follows the modding community, and it's issues, beyond what is necessary for his channel. I already don't entirely agree with MxR monetization mods in general, but that's besides the issues here. The problem is that as a big name in the "mainstream" community, he has a lot more power and fans that follow him tooth and nail, regardless of actions; and this is especially true in cases that a little more grey.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I don't understand why this continues to be an issue here on Nexus. I really like the community and have love exploring the new mods for Stardew Valley, but the ModDrop thing confuses me. From what I've found online, they apologized for allowing people to share mods to be shared without the authors permission last year and changed their policies. Can someone please explain why everyone at the Nexus still hates them? Is it just a competition thing?

Just wanted to add that I don't think mods should ever be uploaded to other sites without the authors permission. But if things have changed and enough time has gone by to show they mean what they say, I don't know why we aren't moving on and letting them be. The reason this came up for me was the FNIS mod, which apparently I can't use b/c i use moddrop to install my Stardew valley mods.