Fallout 4 worth buying ?

seweryn

If you really mean that, than I can just shake my head. We live in times there a pet in the blizzard store cost's already 10 euro+ (that is something around 11-13 us-dollar I think?) not to mention mounts (with prices above 30 euro). There games like "they are billions" go over the virtual table for 35-50 bucks, or how ever the name of that game was.

You seem to have no feeling for price inflation, the amount of work that ->some<- companys today put in there games and/or you are just frustrated above F4.

Edited by taryl80

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you really mean that, than I can just shake my head. We live in times there a pet in the blizzard store cost's already 10 euro+ (that is something around 11-13 us-dollar I think?) not to mention mounts (with prices above 30 euro). There games like "they are billions" go over the virtual table for 35-50 bucks, or how ever the name of that game was.

You seem to have no feeling for price inflation, the amount of work that ->some<- companys today put in there games and/or you are just frustrated above F4.

Do you know why they cost that much? Because idiots keep paying for that. Pat yourselves on the back for ruining gaming.

I'll admit, I find it slightly annoying that FO4 GOTY is still going for $40+ (even on a sale), two years after the original game was released. But then again, I bought FO4 on both PS4 and PC, so my own spending criteria disagrees with me there.

Regarding whether it's worth buying at this point, a year ago I would have said to wait. Vanilla out the door, the game's got problems, most of which stem from the market need for Bethesda to make the game console and HDTV friendly. They simplified a lot of things and Borderlands-ed a lot of other things. Players who had cut their Fallout teeth on earlier titles were sort of left with a "Fallout-themed" game rather than a Fallout game, if that makes any sense.

For all the above reasons, I wouldn't recommend buying on console until the game gets a lot cheaper.

On PC, though? It damned well became worth buying, the moment F4SE became complete enough to be useful. Because now the party starts, and the really awesome mods start hitting the streets. The game becomes less of a title and more of a platform.

A lot of people seem to forget how bad vanilla FO3 was. The story was hokey, the pale green everything was annoying, and the game crashed and locked up so often that it felt like a slideshow rather than a game. It took a lot of mod work to make that game playable, much less into a masterpiece. But by this point in FO3's lifecycle (it was first released in 2008), that was happening on a more-or-less regular basis, and FOSE was a big part of that.

And none of that stuff is worth paying for. There is only one game I ever played that worth 80 dollars and that was Chrono Trigger, an absolute masterpiece of a JRPG. I love New Vegas and t's worth 60 bucks to me, with all the DLC, and that's only to support the devs, the actual game itself is 30 to me. I have very little money to spend on games, so it's gotta be a huge value for me to spend that kind of money.

Fallout 4 and all it's DLC is only worth 15 bucks to this person, and I'd say that's fair. It's a master of none game: the gunplay is mediocre the story is terrible, the world is unappealing, the designers are so artistically bankrupt that all they could think to do with Boston is to make it a shooting gallery. Frankly, this is game every bit as shoot and loot as Borderlands, except it's not funny or charming or done well. 15 bucks is a decent price and the 15 bucks is only because there are mods. This game was truly awful.

Damn, there are some cheap people here.

With the number of hours of entertainment I've got out of each of the last 3 FO games, I'm paying pennies per hour. That's what I call a value, unlike other games where 20-30 hours in you're done.

$40 if the DLC is included is a fair price for FO4, although you can probably find it on sale somewhere for $30.

Damn, there are some cheap people here.

With the number of hours of entertainment I've got out of each of the last 3 FO games, I'm paying pennies per hour. That's what I call a value, unlike other games where 20-30 hours in you're done.

$40 if the DLC is included is a fair price for FO4, although you can probably find it on sale somewhere for $30.

I share your sentiment regarding the cheapskates in this thread claiming that it's only worth 10-15 euros/dollars/whatever. I've personally gotten over 4000 hours (with about 30% of that from working on mods) worth of value from Fallout4 since it's launch (and I've not yet played the DLC stuff properly) Likewise a similar story with Fallout3 and NV. None of these games are perfect, and their inherent flaws (Fallout4 especially) have already been well discussed and documented, but regardless...

Well worth the asking price (including the season pass, even if I would have liked less workshop stuff and more worldspace/quest content) and now, two years later, it's even cheaper.

I would only pay $60+ if $15 of that went to Bethesda and the rest split with all the modders whose mods I use. This community is the only reason Skyrim and Fallout are even worth playing. But Fan Bois will be fan bois.. Some people just can't face reality.

A quick search showed a number of places with the GOTY selling for $25 or less, or even lower if you're willing to risk less reputable dealers (although calling WalMart a "reputable" dealer is stretching things).

So even if you're a cheapskate who isn't willing to pay anywhere near retail ($46 on Amazon, where FO3 GOTY is still $49.99 and FONV Ultimate is $39.99) for a game that will give you 100s or even 1000s of hours of playtime, there's a discounted copy waiting for you.