FlyIgnite

Better Body for SE  

459 members have voted

1. 1. Which body should i use?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the CBBE has a UNP preset, does this mean you can use this to wear clothes designed for UNP? Or is that a dumb question? (Just got my first PC and am on a learning curve...)

When in doubt give it a go. How things usually work in the modding community

• 1 year later...
I use CBBE. Back when I was playing on regular Skyrim I tried both. Found CBBE better for me and how I work. Not perfect, but better.

Now that I am on Skyrm SE I have simply stayed with CBBE because its easier to not learn a new tool, its still good at what it does and the numbers show plenty of people agree. While the last point is of secondary importance, I appreciate the support that (usually) comes with more popular mods (peer and/or dev).

Now, maybe UNP has superceded CBBE on Special Edition, but I wouldn't mind about that. The difference is not likely to be miracles so it's not a priority for me to change. So, for convenience as much as effectiveness....

CBBE.

IDK. tough call. Like many others, I find the UNP body more realistic, or at least more appealing. Something something, breasts, proportions, etc. The CBBE model has this weird thing in the chest cavity that's like a hidden second clavicle (collar bone) that annoys the piss out of me when I try to adjust breast shapes to a realistic shape (ie, realistic for those women not endowed with size FF breasts or filled with massive silicon bags)

But still, I use CBBE for my player. Why? Because it's a bit more flexible.

If I could find some true UNP/UUNP/etc body models for Bodyslide studio, (not just attempts at CBBE representation of those body models) I'd consider converting over, but I have no idea where they are. Any fitting of armor/clothing or body alteration is restricted to CBBE shapes, at least in my copy of Bodyslide studio, so I'm not really left with any alternative.

Reluctantly, I vote CBBE

(that vote would be far less reluctant if the models didn't have that strange attachment point that stands proud of the upper chest even when you make the body "flat")

It's personal preference, really. In my opinion, UNP - or in my case, UNPB - looks better than Curvy CBBE, but it also seems to be more of a "pin-up" style. Great for screenshots or posing, if that's what you're into, but just playing the game it makes the women look a little TOO sensual. CBBE, on the other hand, seems more realistic & immersive when actually playing the game.

Really the best you can do is try each one and see which you prefer.

If you manually download bodyslide from regular skyrim and import the unp files from that then you can customize your unp bodies however you want. I never cared for cbbe. Cbbe, to me, makes all the characters look kind of like plastic dolls but it does have a great deal more options for customizing your women in skyrim. UNP I really like simply because the skin feels a lot more real to me. I quickly noticed the difference when I uploaded the unp into my game and it was awesome especially because I was using the real girls unp textures! I highly recommend doing how I did it. That, combined with tempered skins for males will make all of your npcs look more realistic imo.

UNP has some flaws that bother me quite a lot

UUNP could fix them but why would I bother about fixing flaws that arent present for CBBE just to bother with converting a bunch of outfits from CBBE to UUNP. UUNP has almost no support in SE in general. All that for a few bones that Im not using anyway? Yea sure

So.. you guessed it. CBBE it is.

I dont really care about realism too much (dont get the whole realism thing anyway) and CBBE allows you to got into much more detail when creating a body to your liking

Also SunJeong and doctuere only create/convert outfits for CBBE

Edited by Guest

• 3 weeks later...

I've looked at both of these bodies, I use the CBBE because I have a mod that enables me to admire this body fully. I personally don't care for women with plump butts, I think it's sickening. I prefer women who have an athletic, firm butt that can fill out a pair of low-riding, hip-hugging jeans, as girls had in the '70s. I still enjoy the large breasts, so long as they're naturally-looking and have the movement of normal breasts.