Limited Vortex alpha release today, full release soon

Dark0ne

In response to post #57209051. #57209221 is also a reply to the same post.

jaderiver wrote: Regardless of whether I like or not or it was only in half releae, remains to be seen , I wasn't one of ones , who wasn't able to have a testing try of this, And I would've like to , ..
Its 8:21 am thursday 1 feb Aussie time here , so now the file is hidden , I know they said limited testing , but I think it was a little too limited.. were random people chosen and notified by email ? .
when I woke this morning and only just got the notification about it , it was practically all over , ..
So I 'll just have to wait now till rull release ...
sirjesto wrote: It's going to open again in half an hour. Be ready. :P

9:00 AM your time. (or a few minutes after - just keep refreshing)

No, they tell how it works in the message, first 200 unique downloads at a time. While you slept other people from other parts of the world are up you know. People just clamoring for it is all. It's hidden again, next opening will be 10pm GMT time. You have to be REALLY quick and pounce on it asap. Edited by masternetra

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #57207131. #57207521, #57209031, #57209301 are all replies on the same post.

Mebantiza wrote: Nice, the same hideous, barely legible interface that the 'new' nexus uses, now rears its fugly head in 'Vortex' as well. Just perfect. An immediate turn-off, since it looks exactly like the wildly (UN)popular 'new' nexus look. If you were worried Vortex was going force MO on you, that was the least of your worries. They asked the same guy that made the nexus barely usable, and barely legible , if he would skin 'vortex' as well.

What a mess.

Who thought wed want to see nexus news , or latest mods even baked into this? Yes, those can be turned off, but still.

1/10
RadioactiveStud wrote: Sounds like you didn't even try to use it. Also I don't see what's wrong with the UI. It's super easy to use.
OnyxSix wrote: I'm with Mebantiza here. Vortex, along with the new nexus, is very poorly designed and laid out. It just seems like a worse looking, less user friendly version of ModDrop(Which is where I'm moving if Nexus doesn't get their s#*! together tbh)
Ethreon wrote: Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Honestly I respectfully disagree with you. I wasn't into the new UI at first when nexusmods update it because it had some issues But now that its fixed, it looks fine and simple. I really didn't like the old look at all. It was a lil dated and it was clunky to me tbh. To me its not that bad looking. I have seen worst looking UIs and its hella worst than what nexusmods has now.

In response to post #57205416. #57209341 is also a reply to the same post.

TheInquizitor wrote: The only important question: Will sorting and activating/deactivating mods work like MO or NMM?
lastbytescout wrote: In the interview Tanin said it'll be like NMM, which is very unfortunate.

Seems I'll skip Vortex and keep using MO2 then. Edited by firehawksh

In response to post #57205416. #57209341, #57209506 are all replies on the same post.

TheInquizitor wrote: The only important question: Will sorting and activating/deactivating mods work like MO or NMM?
lastbytescout wrote: In the interview Tanin said it'll be like NMM, which is very unfortunate.
firehawksh wrote: Seems I'll skip Vortex and keep using MO2 then.

That's not true. It uses a completely new system that is somewhere in between.

In response to post #57207131. #57207521, #57209031, #57209301, #57209331 are all replies on the same post.

Mebantiza wrote: Nice, the same hideous, barely legible interface that the 'new' nexus uses, now rears its fugly head in 'Vortex' as well. Just perfect. An immediate turn-off, since it looks exactly like the wildly (UN)popular 'new' nexus look. If you were worried Vortex was going force MO on you, that was the least of your worries. They asked the same guy that made the nexus barely usable, and barely legible , if he would skin 'vortex' as well.

What a mess.

Who thought wed want to see nexus news , or latest mods even baked into this? Yes, those can be turned off, but still.

1/10
RadioactiveStud wrote: Sounds like you didn't even try to use it. Also I don't see what's wrong with the UI. It's super easy to use.
OnyxSix wrote: I'm with Mebantiza here. Vortex, along with the new nexus, is very poorly designed and laid out. It just seems like a worse looking, less user friendly version of ModDrop(Which is where I'm moving if Nexus doesn't get their s#*! together tbh)
nappilydeestructio wrote: Honestly I respectfully disagree with you. I wasn't into the new UI at first when nexusmods update it because it had some issues But now that its fixed, it looks fine and simple. I really didn't like the old look at all. It was a lil dated and it was clunky to me tbh. To me its not that bad looking. I have seen worst looking UIs and its hella worst than what nexusmods has now.

I think this post can be awarded over statement of the year.

Aside from a few annoyances the new Nexus layout is fine. It's not like the old one was perfect.

In response to post #57207131. #57207521, #57209031, #57209301, #57209331, #57210181 are all replies on the same post.

What a mess.

1/10
nappilydeestructio wrote: Honestly I respectfully disagree with you. I wasn't into the new UI at first when nexusmods update it because it had some issues But now that its fixed, it looks fine and simple. I really didn't like the old look at all. It was a lil dated and it was clunky to me tbh. To me its not that bad looking. I have seen worst looking UIs and its hella worst than what nexusmods has now.
rcdcce wrote: I think this post can be awarded over statement of the year.

Aside from a few annoyances the new Nexus layout is fine. It's not like the old one was perfect.

New nexus is really bad. Huge amounts of wasted space, weird composition, and it looks like a mess overall. It's just a bunch of merging and intersecting rectangles without any hierarchy.

In response to post #57209051. #57209221, #57209321 are all replies on the same post.

jaderiver wrote: Regardless of whether I like or not or it was only in half releae, remains to be seen , I wasn't one of ones , who wasn't able to have a testing try of this, And I would've like to , ..
Its 8:21 am thursday 1 feb Aussie time here , so now the file is hidden , I know they said limited testing , but I think it was a little too limited.. were random people chosen and notified by email ? .
when I woke this morning and only just got the notification about it , it was practically all over , ..
So I 'll just have to wait now till rull release ...
sirjesto wrote: It's going to open again in half an hour. Be ready. :P

9:00 AM your time. (or a few minutes after - just keep refreshing)
masternetra wrote: No, they tell how it works in the message, first 200 unique downloads at a time. While you slept other people from other parts of the world are up you know. People just clamoring for it is all. It's hidden again, next opening will be 10pm GMT time. You have to be REALLY quick and pounce on it asap.

Ommph , lol yes I do know other people in other parts of the world are awake and running around, and doing all sorts of things ...
its now 9.35 am here at time of posting so yes I will be waiting .. Thanks
Re edited -- Ok I have downloaded the file Vortex but upon opening its only giving me 2 choices to login or register or quit ? I chose to quit and the re opened the program, but its still just those 2 choices, if I click on login or register, its only letting hit the but the button and nothing else, ..
I opened nmm that did nothing to change it , thinking it might be connected somehow , I've never been able to wrap my head around MO which is why I chose nmm in the first place , but still wanted to give this a try..
I'm always logged into the nexus mod page by the way ... Edited by jaderiver

In response to post #57207131. #57207521, #57209031, #57209301, #57209331, #57210181, #57210331 are all replies on the same post.

What a mess.

1/10

Oblitus wrote: New nexus is really bad. Huge amounts of wasted space, weird composition, and it looks like a mess overall. It's just a bunch of merging and intersecting rectangles without any hierarchy.

I like the actual Nexus design. I found it perfectly functional and easy to use. And looks neat too.

In response to post #57207131. #57207521, #57209031, #57209301, #57209331, #57210181, #57210331, #57210641 are all replies on the same post.

What a mess.

1/10

Oblitus wrote: New nexus is really bad. Huge amounts of wasted space, weird composition, and it looks like a mess overall. It's just a bunch of merging and intersecting rectangles without any hierarchy.
rincewindTA wrote: I like the actual Nexus design. I found it perfectly functional and easy to use. And looks neat too.

You guys are all talking about the new nexus, but that has nothing to do with vortex. They don't really look alike.