A few tips from the focus group

Thallassa

Load order: Ah, I see. You can set a global priority (much like LOOT) which should put your esp always in the same place.

Ah, that's what I needed, thanks.

I've tried that, but it means setting a priority 1 on the 'special' mod and priority 2 on all the mods I want to move below it. It works, but it's tedious. A much simpler solution (for me) is to keep NMM open and manually drag-and-drop the plugin order in that. Vortex sees the changes immediately. Best of both worlds :D

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOOT already puts bashed and merged patches last. :armscrossed:

As far as the install ordering (man this is confusing already!) it's not ordered in the order you installed the mods like NMM. It's not ordered at all. It's just a list of the mods and some rules that tells Vortex which files to hardlink in the case that conflicts exist.

So my question with this is, how do you do this with say mod a which is at the top of the load order, and mod b which is in the middle and mod c which is at the end. c depends on b which depends on a. when you have 200+ mods and it wont allow you to scroll up or down when you are trying to link dependencies this is an issue.

You don't need to drag a line all across the list. When there's a file conflict, Vortex will know and you can click the lightning bolt icon on either of the mods (a single left click).

Then you can set the rule in the dialog.

Unless you're talking about mods that don't have a physical conflict, of course. But those should be very rare or basically non-existent.

If there's no conflict, you don't need to set any order or rule, as the order doesn't matter then.

As for plugins, you can use the dependency manager in the toolbar of the plugins tab.

This brings me to my next point and a feature request: letting the user tag their mods with keywords. For example I might tag RaceMenu with tags such as UI, Character Creation, Morph etc. etc.and something that adds overlay (tattoos, warpaints etc.) to the RaceMenu with RaceMenu, Character Creation, Overlay.

I know you have the highlights where you can pick an icon and a color and there's also the customizable categories (you can only assign one) but tags would make searching through your mod list more intuitive and faster. Alternative to this is the user adding the tags to the mods names but that's a bit messy.

I second that!

I always set my own categories in NMM. Every mod user had different approaches, so the default category system can't fulfill everyone. Yes, "Skyrim flora overhaul" and "UNP female body replacer" both provide models and textures, but they are quite different things. And I don't think they will ever conflict each other. There's no point putting them into same categories form a mod user's perspective in my opinion.

I find myself rather amused by the fact that I told Vortex to check FO4 mods for updates and it's claiming a mod I know damn well is the most current version is out of date...

...It's MY MOD. Heh...

Yeah, it is doing similar things for me.

I find myself rather amused by the fact that I told Vortex to check FO4 mods for updates and it's claiming a mod I know damn well is the most current version is out of date...

...It's MY MOD. Heh...

Yeah, it is doing similar things for me.

Which mod, does the version number follow semantic standards? (1.2.4 etc.)

Is the file vs mod page version/main file correct? Did you install it from the Nexus or manually via archive?