Force install to C is a no go

alchmo

I have an SSD C drive, and have plenty of space free on it with a bunch of things installed. So i don't really see much of an issue.

I mean I have plenty of space on mine too, but I'd rather have only Windows and other very important programs on it. Vortex and NMM are not part of those very important programs :P

But I do hope they allow us to change install location come full release. I hate having things auto install to where they wanna be.

I also agree with topic starter. While this manager is really fantastic, part of the reasons I love MO is it's portability. I frequently switch between desktop and laptop because I travel quite a bit and MO saves a lot of time setting up mods on different pc because you can just copy the folder without the need to reinstall.

Vortex and NMM are not part of those very important programs :tongue:

Then you can't complain as they are not important.

I also agree with topic starter. While this manager is really fantastic, part of the reasons I love MO is it's portability. I frequently switch between desktop and laptop because I travel quite a bit and MO saves a lot of time setting up mods on different pc because you can just copy the folder without the need to reinstall.

Lazy. I also switch between desktop and laptop when away for work - takes no time to install/setup separately.

This has nothing to do with portability. Vortex keeps the application and data separate. What you need to move your mod setup between computers is the data, not the application.

Even if vortex allowed you to change the installation target that would not affect the location of data at all.