Managing the Load Order...

acdover

Tannin's last two paragraphs may be / should be in the WIKI.

There is a lot of confusion between mod ordering and plugin ordering.

Also people not realizing Loot is built-in "under the covers".

Actually with the people coming from NMM, they should already understand the concept of MOD vs Plugin, because that's how the Archives (mods) are splitting from the Plugins (ESP) in NMM

In NMM, You have the Mod tab where you install the Textures, Meshes, BSA, BA2 and ESP, ESPfe, ESM etc, then the Plugins pag, where you sort the various ESPs.

So, logically, there "should" be no confusion as to what is what in Vortex

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@HadToRegister

Actually with the people coming from NMM, they should already understand the concept of MOD vs Plugin, because that's how the Archives (mods) are splitting from the Plugins (ESP) in NMM

They should, but they don't.

EDIT: You and rmm200 sure type fast! You finished the thread before I even got started!

Edited by Augusta Calidia

• 1 month later...

I am hating vortex too much. Is very hard to fix the load order with morethan 100 mods.. it becomes so hard.. it doesn load the install order.. i'm very frustrated.. at least i don't know how to do it faster.. each mod can't just be related with anothers 300.. is painful.. i can't use ENB this way

I am hating vortex too much. Is very hard to fix the load order with morethan 100 mods.. it becomes so hard.. it doesn load the install order.. i'm very frustrated.. at least i don't know how to do it faster.. each mod can't just be related with anothers 300.. is painful.. i can't use ENB this way

If you want help, start a new thread on the Vortex Support Forum, using these guidelines:

How to Request Vortex Support

If you simply want to let off steam, try Reddit.

I have no idea why you think Vortex is ruining your experience with ENB, as Vortex has nothing to do with that

I have two load orders with 272, and 279 mods.

I have maybe EIGHT sorting rules in each one.

Whenever people come in here and complain that they have to make 200 rules to sort their load order, it means they're trying to force Vortex to be NMM.

• 1 month later...

We appear to be getting a lot of people who claim to be "new to modding".

They don't seem to know what an archive is, much less a plugin.

They will learn - eventually - like we did. One mistake at a time.

OMG I just want to play the modding… uhhh new to modding here, just like to say that implementing an automated system is great... if it works. Can I get a plain-English guide on how to change the damn load order please?

edit:my bad for the zombie too btw

Edited by Doolameister

We appear to be getting a lot of people who claim to be "new to modding".

They don't seem to know what an archive is, much less a plugin.

They will learn - eventually - like we did. One mistake at a time.

OMG I just want to play the modding… uhhh new to modding here, just like to say that implementing an automated system is great... if it works. Can I get a plain-English guide on how to change the damn load order please?

edit:my bad for the zombie too btw

Short form: Ignore the load order, add your mods, and play.

If Vortex finds conflicts, it will let you know, and you pick "load this one before that one". That is all there is to it.

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to take a moment and praise what has come from Vortex. I am not an alpha user, but I do have an acquaintance who got through. One thing he is rather upset about is the fact he can't rearrange his load order.

However, I think that is smart on the part of the Vortex Dev Team. Yes, it is nice to be able to rearrange your load order at your own will, especially when LOOT or BOSS doesn't recognize an issue. But it seems, that an overlooked thing in LOOT is the fact that you can set rules to ensure where the "unrecognized plugin" can be sorted, and now we see it in Vortex.

I think it's better for long term modding as every time a load order is sorted, unrecognized plugins will be sorted away and you will have to drag them in place. But through setting rules, this will save time for the mod user for not having to go back to each unrecognized plugin every time the load order is sorted.

I think the solution currently in play is better, although it is different to what I think most people are used too.

so do you want to write a 100 rules and then you cant even do it like load this in the 7 slot. You have to load this after this and do this repeated via a clumsy dropdown menu. Loot is good for what it does but because of the different communities it is not accurate by any means. I don't even know what it uses when it comes to LL Mods.