Hiring for community management positions

Dark0ne

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #57369831. #57385011, #57387851, #57728536, #57795716, #57904096, #57916446 are all replies on the same post.

masternetra wrote: Just for those in the UK huh? Oh well.
DuskDweller wrote: For anyone able to work in the UK, not just UK residents!
masternetra wrote: Well, I'm in the states, the best I could do is telecommute.
marki3931 wrote: just say america dude
GlennCroft wrote: America is not a country, "dude"
lopalop2 wrote: The United States of America is often abbreviated to just its last word i.e. "America", compadre
dark2r wrote: lopa.
from what i recall Americas are used as a way to define the American region, that is north, central and south america.

people often say USA or US, they only get to say America if they want to be more precise for the north region, else they say they are from Central America or South America. so yeah, i think you are seeing people in the US call US America, because the rest of the world call it USA, gringo.

Just say murica ^^

Ever thought about allowing people to work from home / internationally? - It seems if someone has a secure VPN / decent line and is willing to provide own hardware (vetted by you guys naturally) shouldn't be an issue.

Alternatively could always ship a laptop to the person you hire, already setup and ready to go (with option to use additional screen of course)

• 3 weeks later...

I’m sure that Terrorfox1234 & SirSalami have already figured out what it takes to get the “Right” to work in the UK. Despite this, I will do some investigating and figure out what it takes to do this. I remain hopeful.

Edit1: Looks like I’m on the bright side of meeting all the criteria for a UK Work Visa. I’d love to pursue this!

Edited by silencer711

In response to post #58562056.

DaedalusMachina007 wrote: Too bad I wouldn't be welcome in the UK under any circumstances. Maybe Exeter isn't like the rest of the area and actually treats me as a human despite my appearance.

Are you a synth?

In response to post #58562056. #58570636 is also a reply to the same post.

DaedalusMachina007 wrote: Too bad I wouldn't be welcome in the UK under any circumstances. Maybe Exeter isn't like the rest of the area and actually treats me as a human despite my appearance.
zodiaccat wrote: Are you a synth?

Considering how hostile the UK is to people based on appearance, religion, and national origin (as well as severe suppression of free speech), I might as well be.