Iraq and Afghanistan War

marharth

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're surrounding Iran, it's been obvious for quite a while what they're up to.

Really? Seems to me, that fighting battles on three fronts really isn't such a good plan.

Iraq was justified by a pillar of lies. Anyone that didn't follow the 'party line' was dismissed, transferred, or marginalized.

Afghanistan was to get ONE guy. Why we needed tens of thousands of troops, invade a country, and overthrow a legitimate (if distasteful) government to do so, is beyond me.

They're surrounding Iran, it's been obvious for quite a while what they're up to.

Really? Seems to me, that fighting battles on three fronts really isn't such a good plan.

Iraq was justified by a pillar of lies. Anyone that didn't follow the 'party line' was dismissed, transferred, or marginalized.

Afghanistan was to get ONE guy. Why we needed tens of thousands of troops, invade a country, and overthrow a legitimate (if distasteful) government to do so, is beyond me.

Look at a map, not just were the wars are but where they've managed to establish bases, they're surrounded.

Look at a map, not just were the wars are but where they've managed to establish bases, they're surrounded.

Oh, I am well aware of that, but, generally, military tactics require securing your rear, before advancing....... I really don't consider Afghanistan "secure" by any stretch of the imagination, and the troops are gone from Iraq. We have had bases in the area for decades, longer than we have been accusing Iran of a nuclear weapons program.

No, war with Iran would be WAY bad for our struggling economy. We would be much further ahead if we simply dropped all the sanctions and silly stuff that doesn't actually work, and just started buying oil from them.

Oh, I am well aware of that, but, generally, military tactics require securing your rear, before advancing....... I really don't consider Afghanistan "secure" by any stretch of the imagination, and the troops are gone from Iraq. We have had bases in the area for decades, longer than we have been accusing Iran of a nuclear weapons program.

No, war with Iran would be WAY bad for our struggling economy. We would be much further ahead if we simply dropped all the sanctions and silly stuff that doesn't actually work, and just started buying oil from them.

There has not been a war with a true front and rear since Korea...welcome to the new age version of conducting military operations..sigh. The OP has not made the differentiation of the war and the conduct of the war, so IMO the opening statement is a overreach.

I've had several brushes with death in the past few years here in Iraq, I want to leave and never come back. This war is POINTLESS, we're fighting for nothing here.

If you can't tell, no I don't support this insanity we call "war."

I've had several brushes with death in the past few years here in Iraq, I want to leave and never come back. This war is POINTLESS, we're fighting for nothing here.

If you can't tell, no I don't support this insanity we call "war."

I fully support our troops, but, I highly object to what the government is doing with them. Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, all just a waste of taxpayer money, to no good cause.

Yes, this is not really a contributing post, but...

Do we really need another thread about the Iraq/Afghan wars, whether we do or do not support them, whether they are or are not legal, etc...?