Problem with Variables and moving folders

WhiteZero

I initially setup my Vortex to manage Skyrim Special Edition by manually typing in the Paths instead of using the {BASE} variable as it should have been used. So I just went back and tried to change it.

I'm setting Base Path to G:\Vortex\{GAME}, however the other 2 Paths are not seeing {BASE} and so show their paths as \downloads and \mods with nothing before the slash. I went and clicked apply anyway and it moved all my downloads and mods to my C: drive! After waiting for that to finish I tried to put back in the manual paths for G:\Vortex\{GAME}\downloads and G:\Vortex\{GAME}\mods, it started to move my files back but then stopped suddenly and now I can't get it to take the new path.

It seems to still be trying to move files from C:\downloads even through there is nothing there. Giving the error: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, stat 'C:\downloads'. I tried recreating c:\downloads and c:\mods and Applyed the settings and and that time they took. So I had to delete all the folders to get it to move and so lost all my downloads and mods (which is fine, it was only a few and this is an Alpha).

I still can't get the downloads and install path to recognize my new BASE path though, which is a slight annoyance.

I initially setup my Vortex to manage Skyrim Special Edition by manually typing in the Paths instead of using the {BASE} variable as it should have been used. So I just went back and tried to change it.

I'm setting Base Path to G:\Vortex\{GAME}, however the other 2 Paths are not seeing {BASE} and so show their paths as \downloads and \mods with nothing before the slash. I went and clicked apply anyway and it moved all my downloads and mods to my C: drive! After waiting for that to finish I tried to put back in the manual paths for G:\Vortex\{GAME}\downloads and G:\Vortex\{GAME}\mods, it started to move my files back but then stopped suddenly and now I can't get it to take the new path.

It seems to still be trying to move files from C:\downloads even through there is nothing there. Giving the error: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, stat 'C:\downloads'. I tried recreating c:\downloads and c:\mods and Applyed the settings and and that time they took. So I had to delete all the folders to get it to move and so lost all my downloads and mods (which is fine, it was only a few and this is an Alpha).

I still can't get the downloads and install path to recognize my new BASE path though, which is a slight annoyance.

Have you tried changing the other two paths BEFORE trying to change the BASE path?

Sounds dumb, but it might work, I know I had to fight with the BASE path because once I picked it, it din't want to move.

I've noticed that there's a case difference between base and game. Going by what is originally there, you should be using: {base} and {GAME}. Note the upper and lower case there? They're different. But, if you happen to use {game} instead (for instance), it won't work. I'm guessing it's the same for {base}? I only have experience with the {GAME} one though.

I've noticed that there's a case difference between base and game. Going by what is originally there, you should be using: {base} and {GAME}. Note the upper and lower case there? They're different. But, if you happen to use {game} instead (for instance), it won't work. I'm guessing it's the same for {base}? I only have experience with the {GAME} one though.

That was it! Apparently the variables are case sensitive, and of opposite case to eachother ({base} and {GAME})

-facepalm-