ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

is possible change magazine capacity on FO4Edit?

virginharvester

sorry for my bad english,

i have try googling this for 1 hour,

but not found to mod magazine capacity,

i have try FO4Edit multiple times,

for edit other stats like weight , value, etc it works,

but not with magazine capacity,

if somebody can give me clue what id that i must edit?

in simple way i want to make 10mm pistol "Large quick eject mag" have 100 ammo capacity,

if you have any clue please help me!

You probably have to change the magazine itself, under "object modification."

I've never changed the 10mm magazines, but I'm guessing that changing the "float" value you'll see associated with ammo capacity is what you're after. The vanilla float for the large magazine is 1.0, which doubles ammo capacity i.e. I think it adds 1x vanilla capacity (12), so 12+12=24. So changing total ammo capacity to 100 would require changing the magazine's float to 7.333333, i.e. vanilla 12 + magazine (12x7.333333) = 100. It's a repeating decimal value, so I'm not sure if it'll come out to exactly 100 but I think that's what you have to play around with anyway. Also, I don't know how well the game handles weird numbers like 7.333333. But changing it to 7 should give you 96 total capacity. Or to 8 for 108. But you could try 7.3333 and see how that works out.

Again, I've never done this to the 10mm mag, so this is just my best guess.

That's not rude at all :)

Again, my guess is:

1. Open FO4Edit and go to "Object Modification"

2. Click on the 10mm Large Quick Eject Mag (Editor ID 14B73E)

3. Under "DATA", the 1st "Property" is Ammo Capacity, with a "Float" of 1.0. I think you change the 1.0 to 7.3333 (or 7 or 8 to get close to 100)

here's a picture:

https://imgur.com/GXB9Seb

• 1 year later...

I'm trying to change the Gatling Laser ammo capacity from 500 to 1500, how can I do it without the magazine modification?

I've tried modifying the default ammo capacity of the weapon in the weapon entry in FO4Edit

It still didn't get updated in-game, still stuck at 750 magazine capacity.

I need some help. TY.

the Magazine Size is Not Determined by the Weapon Stats Itself (which is what you are trying to edit in that screenshot). It Is Determined by the Object Modification, which will be the Base Magazine (which does not exist for the gatling laser, its magazine does not have upgrades, as such you can either create a magazine object mod. or you can edit the Receiver itself, which is what i am going to teach you below.

you will need to edit it in the Creation Kit, (i am not sure how to add new records in F04Edit)

Open The Creation Kit and Your Mod: and type Gatling Laser in the Filter box.

Go Here: items - Object Modification - double click on mod_GatlingLaser_LaserReceiver_Standard <-- this is the base reciever, as in not upgraded, Setting the Ammo Capacity for this will be enough for what you require, and to do this you do the following below:

in the Property Modifiers section, Right Click in this section and select *New*: now click on the New Entry that was just created, and for that new entry, select these below

for the Target Drop Down box Select: iAmmoCapacity

for the Op Drop Down box Select: Set

For the Min Value type: 1500 <-- *this value will determine how big the magazine size will be, 1500 as an example*

Max = Ignore <-- not applicable

so to make this easier to read:

Target = iAmmoCapacity

Op = Set

Min = 1500

Done. the Gatling Laser Mag Size/ Ammo Capacity will now be whatever you set the min value to

Note: the Galing laser does not have Magazine upgrades, as such you will be editing the Receiver to increase Magazine Size.

Note: you will need to make sure your mod is below every other mod that makes changes to weapons, especially the Gatling Laser, else they will override your changes.

the Magazine Size is Not Determined by the Weapon Stats Itself (which is what you are trying to edit in that screenshot). It Is Determined by the Object Modification, which will be the Base Magazine (which does not exist for the gatling laser, its magazine does not have upgrades, as such you can either create a magazine object mod. or you can edit the Receiver itself, which is what i am going to teach you below.

you will need to edit it in the Creation Kit, (i am not sure how to add new records in F04Edit)

Open The Creation Kit and Your Mod: and type Gatling Laser in the Filter box.

Go Here: items - Object Modification - double click on mod_GatlingLaser_LaserReceiver_Standard <-- this is the base reciever, as in not upgraded, Setting the Ammo Capacity for this will be enough for what you require, and to do this you do the following below:

in the Property Modifiers section, Right Click in this section and select *New*: now click on the New Entry that was just created, and for that new entry, select these below

for the Target Drop Down box Select: iAmmoCapacity

for the Op Drop Down box Select: Set

For the Min Value type: 1500 <-- *this value will determine how big the magazine size will be, 1500 as an example*

Max = Ignore <-- not applicable

so to make this easier to read:

Target = iAmmoCapacity

Op = Set

Min = 1500

Done. the Gatling Laser Mag Size/ Ammo Capacity will now be whatever you set the min value to

Note: the Galing laser does not have Magazine upgrades, as such you will be editing the Receiver to increase Magazine Size.

Note: you will need to make sure your mod is below every other mod that makes changes to weapons, especially the Gatling Laser, else they will override your changes.

Thank you for the information.