Archive Invalidation

Flip777

Anyone having issues with Archive invalidation? For me, I have to open nexus mod manager and toggle it on and off constantly with New Vegas anytime I add textures through vortex. I investigated and saw Vortex has a plugin for AI but it doesn't seem to work.

Can Anyone else confirm?

I had a quick look at the code for the archive invalidation extension, and I can confirm that it currently only supports backdating BSAs for Skyrim, Skyrim Special Edition, and Fallout 4. Hopefully Tannin will implement the rest of the functionality required for older Gamebryo games soon.

I'm not using Vortex yet but isnt the plugin which Vortex has the same as the old ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa ?

If it is then that is the same as was used for Oblivion and the early Fallouts, you install it and forget about it, its always on doing its job so long as its installed.

That method is called BSA Redirection, and is the same method employed by Wrye Bash for the same games, which has always proven to be the best method out of the three tried historically for those games ..

na8Qbqb.png