The Titanic was a real ship!

IndorilTheGreat

I never said that.

Well technically you didn't say much else than Titanic being the largest ship of its time, but whatever floats your boat. :thumbsup:

I WAS SAYING THAT ONE OF THE REASONS WHY IT'S SO WELL KNOWN IS BECAUSE IT'S THE LARGEST SHIP OF ALL TIME!!! STOP MANIPULATING WHAT I SAID!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said that.

Well technically you didn't say much else than Titanic being the largest ship of its time, but whatever floats your boat. :thumbsup:

I WAS SAYING THAT ONE OF THE REASONS WHY IT'S SO WELL KNOWN IS BECAUSE IT'S THE LARGEST SHIP OF ALL TIME!!! STOP MANIPULATING WHAT I SAID!

Whoa, whoa, whoa!

Let's stay on topic. There's no need to get angry at each other. This wasn't meant to be a debate thread, merely a thread to point out just how ignorant of history some people are. :yes:

What makes the Titanic historically important? Rich people died?

The Hindenburg is historically important because it drastically changed air travel, by making planes popular and killing off the zeplin. The Lusitania is historically important because it caused the US to enter WWI.

I never said that.

No, she isn't the largest ship of all time. She's medium these days. Laughable when compared with the largest of today.

@Syco21

It changed the way ship safety is handled. The Ship Safety standards you know today are because of the Titanic sinking. I call that pretty important all by itself.

Also, it was considered unsinkable to the point where they said God couldn't even sink it. Naturally, they were wrong, and it was a rather humbling experience. Never since as a ship been considered unsinkable by the standard the Titanic was.