Mod Tiers\ Load Order

Fkemman11

Mod tiers. Why would mod tiers help you ask? It would imo, help establish a better understanding of what mod fits where according to it's complexity. How it would work in theory is this: Lets say the bottom tier or 3rd tier is where you would find simple mods like texture replacers and a mod that changes stats on weapon and is stand alone and can presumably go anywhere in your load order. Second tier would be mods that maybe do something like add a player home where there are some new meshes, textures, an new npc or two, and some scripting for bathing or something that would need to go before some mods and after others(tricky). First tier would be something like a large quest mod with many stages or a new world space or partial conversion and would be an esm going near the top of your load order.

I just put this together as an example and am not really sure what the best standard would be for classification. Do you think something like this would help people or just make things more complicated?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I do mod tiers.

Esm's

Bug fix mods

Character Appearance

New/Changed Items

Followers

New Locations

Texture Overhauls

Weather/Lightning mods

Game changing mods

SL mods that aren't esm's

Alternate Start

NPC overhaul mods

Skeleton

Fnis

BatchedPatch

• 3 weeks later...

I already do it this way myself. I generally put environmental and texture stuff on the bottom (loading last), cities and architecture before that, weapons, gameplay on top, then nuts n bolts and patches type of stuff loaded the earliest, like where Master files are loaded.