I'm getting a new computer, and ...

Tragthemercenary

A new computer will be shipped to me, on Tuesday of this week. My old computer is 7 years old, and wasn't designed for gaming, in the first place. I've had a problem that I hope a new computer will fix ... note that I'm going to DL the Steam boostrapper and all of my games (half of which couldn't be handled by my old computer).

When attempting to play SSE, I had two problems. There may be more, but I never got far enough in the game to find out:

1. When entering the front door of Bleak Falls Barrow, there is a 1-5 second delay before the game crashes. Every single time. I've tried every fix on the net, and nothing works. I've also got rid of ALL of my mods, uninstalled the game, and re-installed. When I got to this point, in vanilla ... you got it ... it crashed.

2. When Alduin causes a dead dragon to come to life (like at Kynesgrove, and north of Rorikstead), as soon as the newly-alive dragon starts to come out of the burial mound, SSE crashes. Every single time.

I'm hoping that this is simply a problem of not enough computer power, and having an actual gaming computer will solve it.

The new computer is an Acer Inspire, and these are the basic specs:

7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700 Processor, 4.2Fhz, 64-bit

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Graphics (note that I have a 4 GB NVidia 1050 ti, in case I need it)

16 GB RAM (upgradeable to 64gb)

Hyrbid 256GB SSD/1TB SATA Hard Drive

Wubdiws 10 Home

Hopefully, this will take care of the problem. I would appreciate any input or help on this matter.

Thanks! :)

Hi

A lot of the issues people have with the game are caused by lack of resources.

Your new rig will probably fix those problems.

Skyrim SE like Skyrim is mainly a CPU game that favors high IPS processors. Your new CPU is close to the top of the list when it comes to single core performance. This is ideal for modding games like Skyrim/SE & Fallout 4.

The GTX 1060 is a good card for 1080p & entry level 1440 gaming, but I can understand why you mentioned your 1050 ti. The higher performance of the GTX 1060 should overcome the 1 less gb of vram. The GPU market is a mess right now so you are not in a bad place with these 2 cards.

Later

Thanks, Jones.

When I get this thing, tomorrow, I'll probably have a couple of hours setting things up. But the first thing that I'm going to do, after setting up antivirus and browser, is download the STEAM bootstrapper, and then SSE. I've got to see this game in all of its glory ...

... then, I'll start downloading my favorite mods!

Yeah, you're new rig will be great for SSE (and just about every current game out there.)

Don't forget LOOT. Best way to avoid load order related issues.

I like happy thoughts like that! I've just had my last session with Oldrim, on my Old computer, at an average framerate of 29fps. God, I want that new rig! LOOT is a must ...

Thanks!

It's here.

Despite the warning by the team that the alpha build is "for modders only" it seems very stable now with most bugs squashed. Just be aware it's still a bit "use at your own risk."

Your specs are nearly identical to mine, and I run a laptop which is 1 1/2 yrs old. Can run both games just fine(including FFXV if that's reassuring for you), I think you're good to go, and unlike me, you can upgrade your PC piece by piece, without having to buy a whole new rig. No worries of proprietary stuff.

And I play on the high setting, or whatever that setting is that comes before Ultra(don't want to open the steam launcher because it always reshuffles my load order >_>)

Edited by Rasikko