File upload limit raised to 5GB

Dark0ne

@Zaldiir - Thanks! I'm sooo looking forward to seeing what gets created.

I wonder though, does Bethesda monitor sites like this? If so, seeing the 5GB upgrade and knowing the complete awesomeness that can now be created and uploaded/downloaded for Skyrim, is there a chance that Steam will do something similar?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@jonasl2004: I am pretty certain the team at Valve is monitoring changes here at The Nexus, so there is a possibility that they will follow with an increase in Max file size. At least I hope they will, as their limit is ridiculously low. ;)

After all, they have followed the Nexus on some other things. (Although, those were things that should have been there from the start of the Workshop...)

Edited by Zaldiir

Just think of it. The possibility of multipart 5GB downloads is upon us.^^ Complete texture replacements? Huge new landmasses? Giant armor and weapon packs? Ridiculously long quests and huge player houses? Probably.

Imagine a 5GB player home. Can you? I know I can. :D.

-Natterforme

My own personal home for one of my Oblivion characters is just over 6GB - so yeah, I can too.

My own personal home for one of my Oblivion characters is just over 6GB - so yeah, I can too.

Have you ever seen the show "Selling New York"

Please list the selling points of your super pad

I'm not sure where else to put this, but the new update has messed up NMCs NV texture pack and I'm not sure he still monitors his mod. The multiple parts did not get changed into one consolidated download. So they are incomplete.

Ive actually never considered making a house mod before. I always liked creating armor and weapons. However, vanilla skyrim assets are really good this time around and I will probably make a player home, at least for my own personal enjoyment^^. Perhaps there should be a competition to build the largest player home? I dont have a good computer so I would probably not be able to participate but it would be cool to see what pops up. And no, you (in general) cant cheat by claiming a city as your own and renovating it......Or can you 0_0!

5GBs of whiterun........:D.

Add some trees, give everything a second story, change the colors, up the vendors' merchandise, add some more stores and houses.

Hmmmmm. I wonder how I went from personal player home to massive city rebuilding? :

Stay focused: 5GB player home. Of course, we would have to break out a wall or two for The Vampire Dante, since he apparently would feel cramped in my humble 5GB abode XD.

-Natterforme

Edited by Natterforme

• 1 month later...