Another one (Skyrim update that is)

Crosstieger

It must be a SKSE-mod, which are located in the plugins folder. Move them all out to a temporary folder and copy them back in one by one and try if the game starts. When it crashes again you'll know which plugin it was.

In my case it was "Inventory Functions" (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13366) which is needed for "Poisoning Extended" (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13368).

Did that and still CTD when main screen pops up.

I've tried many times to get the update to work myself and I run into the same issue when main screen pops up - crashes. I'm going to try and see if it's a MOD that hasn't been updated which maybe causing the crash.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Â

It must be a SKSE-mod, which are located in the plugins folder. Move them all out to a temporary folder and copy them back in one by one and try if the game starts. When it crashes again you'll know which plugin it was.

Â

In my case it was "Inventory Functions" (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13366) which is needed for "Poisoning Extended" (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13368).

Â

Â

Did that and still CTD when main screen pops up.

Â

Â

I've tried many times to get the update to work myself and I run into the same issue when main screen pops up - crashes. I'm going to try and see if it's a MOD that hasn't been updated which maybe causing the crash.

Fixed mine and it was SSE Fixes - some FPS fix or something it is a DLL plugin. But yeah updated that one and she works again.

Today, next attempt to update to the current version. First i had to say bye bye for HDT SMP - there is no update, and for shure use of memory addresses, not already done by skse itself. So this could not work without an update from the author itself.

Also mentioned FISS und skee for racemenu, also hudextension come with the plugins update.

This is the amount of plugins i've expeted where mandadory to handle due to their own address hacks.

But this was wrong.

After updating, SE will not start, a look in the SKSE.log show additional plugins - reported incompatible.

So this is the point i decided to stay on 1.5.23 for a unspecified time. There is no point to updata SE in the next cuple of days for me.

To avoid accidents - i've use following precaution: Rename or better copy Skyrim SE.exe to Skyrim.exe. Additional put in SKSE.ini

[Loader]
RuntimeName=Skyrim.exe
This prevents the use of the updated exe from steam updates.
As long as the old exe fits for the bsa an asset loading and interpreting the content, this will be enough. A dramatically change of important object structures as some nif parts like in oldrim to se is not expectable.
The best situation for heavy modding will be on the day, bethesta will not update se anymore.
So, in this current case, each vendor update is a big draw back for mods using plugins.

So which of your SKSE plugins aren't compatible?

I have several SKSE plugins and they all got updated or are still compatible.

If a plugin isn't compatible, you also can rename, delete or move the file until it gets updated. You also should ask for an update on the mod page (comments).

So which of your SKSE plugins aren't compatible?

I have several SKSE plugins and they all got updated or are still compatible.

If a plugin isn't compatible, you also can rename, delete or move the file until it gets updated. You also should ask for an update on the mod page (comments).

I descripe my personal situation, that means i am no modder with capabilities to do more than port some mods to SSE, but i build a personal environment with mods fitting for my big picture.

That means installing, if needed porting, testing if mods work together and so on. That means, the mod content is floating. That means also, there is no need for additional changes or temporaly disabling as testing the whole bunch together must suspended for this time.

After 30 years of Gaming, yes i am an old dog, my oppinion is, stable means no movement.

But you have the right answer done, in case of a more ore less modded game with no fundamental changes i the mod setup.

But this means to maintain a house already build. :laugh:

Ok, so I'm one of those that understands practically nothing. Cleaning edits and dll's means absolute zilch to me. :sad:
Steam just updated my game to v1.5.39.0 so I ran NMM to update ID's and mods and then ran Loot which also required updating. Then Loot told me to update SKSE64 to v2.0.7 which I did and now the game CTD's after the loading screen. I am starting it from skse64_loader but I have also tried launching from Steam and NMM. No change, always crashes.

Prior to this update I was running SKSE64 v2.0.6, Loot 0.12.4, and SkyrimSE v1.5.3.0.

I kept the SkyrimSE.exe's for all versions so can switch between them easily. That said, I tried returning to versions 1.5.3.0 and 1.5.23.0 but SKSE64 v2.0.7 wouldn't accept them.

Can anyone tell me how to get the game running again please?

Ok, so I'm one of those that understands practically nothing. Cleaning edits and dll's means absolute zilch to me. :sad:

Steam just updated my game to v1.5.39.0 so I ran NMM to update ID's and mods and then ran Loot which also required updating. Then Loot told me to update SKSE64 to v2.0.7 which I did and now the game CTD's after the loading screen. I am starting it from skse64_loader but I have also tried launching from Steam and NMM. No change, always crashes.

Prior to this update I was running SKSE64 v2.0.6, Loot 0.12.4, and SkyrimSE v1.5.3.0.

I kept the SkyrimSE.exe's for all versions so can switch between them easily. That said, I tried returning to versions 1.5.3.0 and 1.5.23.0 but SKSE64 v2.0.7 wouldn't accept them.

Can anyone tell me how to get the game running again please?

Take also a look in your Data/SKSE/Plugin - folder. Obey if there are some .dlls

If Skse getting an update, means per 95% all this .dll - coming mostly with some mods - need also an update. Sadly only the name pattern of the dll give you a hint where they belong. You can isolate the old dlls by moving them temporaly in an other folder. So you can put one by one to see if Skyrim is launching. Most it is enough to reach the load game save menu. Mostly you will have CTD due to faulty dll before this point.

This is the normal situation of updates - it takes some time all plugins will receive its update from the author. They will never arrive together at the same day.

At this point, my thanks goes to all mod authors, willing to keep ther mods in shape often in an unpredicted time shedule forced by bethesda.

I actually managed to solve the problem by reinstalling SKSE64 v2.0.6 and my backed-up Skyrim.exe v1.5.3.0. So the game runs again but I admit I would like to be able to run the latest version of Skyrim.exe as I am sure it contains needed bug fixes.

I actually managed to solve the problem by reinstalling SKSE64 v2.0.6 and my backed-up Skyrim.exe v1.5.3.0. So the game runs again but I admit I would like to be able to run the latest version of Skyrim.exe as I am sure it contains needed bug fixes.

Not really. They just made some changes to make the house mod from Creation Club work. I also think wolves will now howl. I'd have to read the Dev notes again, but I don't remember any bug fixes.

• 4 months later...