Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Well I am able to get back in to this here in a few days. Things have temporarily settled and I should be able to get something in. The second week of June is starts to get busy again with college things.

But hey! After the beginning of August I won't have Jack crap to do!

A light at the end of the tunnel, perhaps? :laugh:

I'd say yes at least for a limited time. My oldest step-son will be a senior this coming year. As I am not in charge of that I will have less stress but probably more irritation at the stupid things his Mother will do. And trust me when I say this, I have had like 15 years of that stupidity so I know of what I speak.

But after that I got four years before the next one graduates, though my daughter will hopefully get out of college by then. Since she is an adult I guess she is going to have to figure all that out!

Anyway I am getting caught up with the reading and will try to insert myself in there, somewhere. Anyone got any ideas about that I would love to hear them. lol I still think I might need a flow chart.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys. With the internet being spotty for a time and me having to be on the laptop or phone...well it isn't conducive to writing RP post. I should be able to get one up by tom at the latest. Child is going back to her Dad's a few days so...

• 2 weeks later...

Time to roll a new character Mac, Sparrow's done. We've been over this time and time again but you just don't seem to understand, so we decided that we are just going to let your characters solo adventures play out to their logical conclusions. We're not going to argue with you and try and explain why the actions are a stupid idea, we're just gonna go with it and have it cause you to have to make a new character since you haven't really done anything against the rules.

This is a group decision by the way, not just mine.

Aaand now to intro what will be the first of a couple of NPCs that I'll have.

Name: Gante Demelin.

Race: Half-Elf

Class: Fighter

Alignment: Lawful Good.

Deity: Helm.

Place of Origin: Aglarond.

Appearance: Gante's appearance more closly resembles that of a human more than his elvish half. Tall, broad shouldered, and squared face, one would hardly be able to notice his elven heritage if they couldn't see his slightly pointed ears. His salt and pepper hair is kept short as per military regulations, but he keeps barest hint of facial hair, never completely clean shaven as his rank allows.

Armor/Clothing: For day wear he keeps to simple and common Aglarond fashions. His armor is full plate and very well kept. The finest armor that the army can spare.

Weapon: An enchanted hammer and shield combo that he uses with frightening skill.

Personality: Grim and to the point. Gante is ever a servant of Aglarond, and a commander of a third of it's military forces. The law and country are everything to him, and he will neither bend, nor break on any matter which he deems important to both.

History: Born a common man, Gante joined the military at a young age and quickly proved his worth. Thirty years into his service he achieved the highest rank possible and was awarded command of the Army of the Lion, a subsection of the Aglarondan army stationed at the fortress Emmech. Tasked with defending against the threat from Thay through the Tannath Gap.

What I dont get is why do you delete the character by force if I havent broken any rules? Sparrow has no ties to the previous RP's so I had to get him to the gala somehow, You pulled this whole thing without letting me meet up. The intent was to in two posts, slip in, grab the gold then go to the gala itself and RP with the others. But did you ask me? No... you just assumed I was going on some random path and acted without asking me, messaging me or alerting me. I never got a message, no warning. Trust me I know what I have done in the past was bad but you basically Godmodded this without asking what my intents were. If you had asked, I would have told you. But no, you didn't ask.

I am willing to change any post, correct anything you ask but you have to ask. I can't read minds and I do not have links to any group place where I can be included in the discussion. I can't go finding this because I do not know where it is. You have kept me as a complete outsider in this and when I do something remotely outside of YOUR comfort zone, you drop the sword of damocles on me. I know that I deserve to be under it, but I would at least like a fighting chance here. Doing this and then saying it was a group decision doesn't come across well. I think its fair if I am at least invited to the group so I can correct the issue at hand. IF I had known you'd do this, I would have altered the original post accordingly and it would never have happened.

I will reroll this character this time, but I would very much appreciate to be included in group discussions. Is it too unfair to ask that?

Edit for clarification: I keep an open door policy, if you have a problem with ANY post of mine. Let me know and I will work with you to make it appropriate. You don't have to create these rules. We can avoid situations like this by communicating. I got not communications so I assumed it was tolerated and I further participated assuming it was a tolerated post. I do not want to piss yall off, I don't want to give you reason to do this. I am trying on my end and willing to keep trying. But this is a give and take thing. I can't read minds people, please. Work with me and I will work with you.

Edited by Macman253

Doesn't matter what the intent was. In character there was no way that was going to work out for him, and no way Rhaine would continue to allow him in the group. Sparrow's not being removed from the group because of any OOC reason, it's all entirely in character.

And as far as communication goes, we've been telling you the same thing for three years now. I would be amazed if there's a single RP you've been in with us where we haven't had to tell you to stop having your characters go off on their little adventures without tell us first. this is a constant thing with you and we're all just tired of having the same conversations over and over, so we're done and this is how things are going to be from now on. So if you want to make sure we're all okay with something, you either check with us here, PM one of us, or it gets played out to it's logical conclusion. We're not going to hover over you and ask what you're doing every single post. It's your responsibility to tell us what you're doing. Think of it like a pen and paper game, you run what you've got planned by a DM first or bad things happen and you find yourself rolling up a new character.

So I am in the doghouse having to double check everything I do just because It might lead to a disaster when it can be simply said 'Hey, dont do this' and it will get corrected. As I said before, it was not a solo adventure. Sparrow had no IC reason to join the gala, it was going to be a 2 post thing at max. Sneak in, get the gold and join the Gala. Blink of an eye, he would be RPing with the others in no time. But you had to drag it out into this long thing.

The thing is I was never given formal rules of what is and what isn't acceptable. As you said, I never actually broke any rules and I am not arguing with the logical course, The intent does matter, because the intent was to have one micro excursion so I could come into the fold logically. But I am not the one that shut that down with godmodding. You didn't bother to communicate. I understand you have no reason to show faith, but if I had known that I had to ask permission before I went solo before all of this happened I would have. But there is no clear rules on it. Like I said before and will say again. Communicate clearly, this could have all been avoided if that was done.

And for the record, I would greatly appreciate forewarning about group decisions. I know I am likely to be an perpetually on probation RPer here but I would consider it a courtesy if I was atleast allowed to know BEFORE the ruling was made what was being discussed, when it comes to group effort. I'd like to post collaborations, I'd like to get involved but so long as I am on the outside I am doomed to fail again. You have to show a little trust, I am willing to cooperate but I cannot read minds and unless you speak clearly as to what you do and do not like before it is done. If that had been done, this and many other situations like this would have been avoided.

The question I am asking now is do yall even want me here? Like at all... because if you keep me out of the loop and then only telling me about the rules AFTER I break one I am bound to f*#@ up to the point where yall kick me out. So, I just want clarification as to the truth here. I am not a mind reader people, if you want results you have to pay in. You have to work with me on this, I love the RP here I really do and I don't want to go but if yall are just setting me up for the fall then I see no point in continuing. So, what are the things I can do on my own, cannot do on my own and can only do with permission because at this point I am just as confused about the rules as I always have been.

Yall solo post too, and noone gets called on it but me. I always figured I just said something wrong, I never got a clear 'No, this is how it should be done.' I always got a 'No mac, don't solo run.' while you all did it with impunity. That was the reason I left, because I felt I was being held to a separate and unfair standard then the rest and I didn't know why. So now I am formally laying it out, I want to know what the limits are in full details because I don't want this stuff to happen again and I know you all don't either. So lets sit down, hash this out and move on.

Edited by Macman253

Mac, as far as I remember (and this was a long time ago, so forgive me if I'm mistaken), you didn't want to be a part of the Steam group chat we had going because we were too boring; you left it voluntarily and never came back. But you've still got PM avenues to reach us.

The point is you're not applying logic to these situations. Trying to pull off something like the theft at the gala was against all sense if you understood where the town was, who was there, and what nation it was in.

First off, something that I noticed: Dragon Age policies towards elves don't apply in the Realms. You're mentioning DA prejudices in a world that doesn't behave in that way towards elves for the most part. Aglarond itself is a nation of half-elves, so the whole attitude towards elves thing was off by a mile in that situation. Furthermore, Furthinghome is a town where magic users are on top right now (like much of Aglarond), meaning everything is naturally going to be warded beyond belief. Bring on top of that the fact that Thayan corruption is something that makes Aglarondans paranoid, and it's really, really, really not a good idea to try to implement what you did (or have Sparrow say what he did) and solve it in 2 posts - because it just wouldn't happen. A character can't be expected to get away with it.

The concept wasn't thought through; you didn't do the research and it shows. That has happened on multiple occasions in this RP. If you do a little studying up, you can avoid occurrences like this, but it requires application of logic and common sense. That's the biggest issue here. Your writing itself, technically, is good for the most part. Lately, you've been following the rules. But the lack of actually paying attention to the environment and how your character logically fits in is still lacking, and that's what's driving us nuts, I think. We feel that we're expected to go along with these plans of yours and not have other characters (even NPCs) appropriately react for the sake of getting these mini plots done, even if they make no sense at all.

Edited by AurianaValoria1

I looked for data Auri, I did. Found nothing. Like all I could find was a small section on the Forgotten Realms wiki and it revealed nothing. And if you read the entry in Half Orc and Half Elf in 3.5 they mention a lack of love for them both. Half-orc moreso. Look I know I had to flurb my way past that but the truth has already been said here. Sparrow had no IC reason to be there unless he was going to use the gala as a way to case the place. Makes sense if you are a thief. And since everyone was occupied with the Gala, he could have moved in and snagged a few items while he slipped through to the main event. Its simple, un complicated. a 2 or 3 post thing and he would have been RPing with the rest of you no problem and made up for the gold he lost.

But, Josh went off the guidelines. I understand through group consent so I am not picking on him. I never got a message telling me the intent, he just dropped a Godmod and let me walk right into it. Never gave me the chance to get away, or try to escape. This is what I am saying here. Communication is essential.

And I left the ToF group not because it was boring but because I had been removed from the RP and I figured it made no sense to still be in the ToF group. It was after the whole Lokii incident. When I came back, I never got invited again so I figured you either dissolved it or weren't using it anymore. But Josh said you were having group discussions so I figure you are still using it. Like I said, I have no problem with Sparrow, It was a logical conclusion, you always run the risk of capture. But, I had no data on Furthinghome, I couldn't find anything. It literally was this small article on Forgotten Realms Wiki and it gave me practically nothing. And since you all hadn't established anything with them, I figured they would show in my encounter. Sparrow never had a bad run in with the guards. He just saw Furthingharrow and figured it was because of the nobility. A slums only really forms when the township does not care or cannot afford to support them. That and Sparrow was a jackass, he had a huge chip on his shoulder for authority and he was taking it out on them by stealing in the name of the poor. It was never about the poor, it was about getting one back at the rich.

All I am saying is I would greatly appreciate some kind of hard knowledge of what I can and cannot do. Or what can be done with permission. I do not want to trip up these little Rule Mines by accident and end up screwing up again. Most my toons stick pretty close, look at Markas, or Kellak. Never had a problem with either of them, or if you did you never voiced it. See, this is the thing. It never gets brought up to me. The door is open, if you have a problem or have a correction you think I should take tell me and it will be addressed. But don't let it set, then fester and then sling it against me when s*** like this happens. It's totally unfair when you could have simply remarked on it and it would have been handled.

This all goes back to that, Communication. So please, work with me.

Edited by Macman253