Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Been kinda bus with some graduation/college stuff for daughter. She is trying out for the marching band this weekend. *cross fingers*

I haven't been able to sit down and concentrate on something concrete so it will likely be a few more days before I post. Hopefully you all won't have too much fun without me. *looks at thread* to late! haa ha haaa

kidding

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries Lisn! I know the troubles of graduation all too well this year, and we all wish your daughter the best of luck!

Yah for you too!!

Been kinda bus with some graduation/college stuff for daughter. She is trying out for the marching band this weekend. *cross fingers*

I haven't been able to sit down and concentrate on something concrete so it will likely be a few more days before I post. Hopefully you all won't have too much fun without me. *looks at thread* to late! haa ha haaa

kidding

No worries Lisn! I know the troubles of graduation all too well this year, and we all wish your daughter the best of luck!

Good luck to the both of you! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Name: Keldos "Sparrow" Fadeleaf

Race: Half-Elf

Age: Unknown, believed to be around thirty years of age.

Class: Rogue/Thief-Acrobat/Master Thrower

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Deity: Tymora

Place of Origin: Waterdeep

Appearance: Stands at around 5' 6" of slender build, He normally has dark brown hair but he keeps it shaved short to prevent snagging or gripping. He has several small scars but his most notable feature is a tattoo on his forearm of a Sparrow flying over a bandit's mask with a dagger piercing the center. He has bright green eyes.

Armor/Clothing: He wears a leather jerkin with the sleeves removed, on each forearm is a pair of bracers and fingerless gloves on each hand. He wears thin leather pants and tall boots. Around his neck is a locket with a painted picture of a brown haired elven woman holding a small brown haired boy. Slung across his torso is a Satchel Of Holding that carries his array of tools and unmentionables. He possess a dark brown bandana and matching hood and cape to protect his identity when committing illicit acts.

Weapon: A variety of throwing weapons, ranging from smoke bombs to throwing stars and knives. He wields an enchanted Quarterstaff that can retract either side or extend at the push of a special carving, normally carried in a special sheath on his leg and retracted to a Baton like state. On his left wrist is a dagger in a special sheath. He also possess's a Rod Of Ropes to enable him to grapple to windows, create zip lines or swing across gaps as needed.

Personality: Sparrow is often described as shiftless and a bit of a layabout. He likes to drink and carouse but he also relishes in standing up to oppressive authority and racial intolerance. Quick to defend the downtrodden and help the poor, most often by stealing food or gold and giving it to those who need it more. He is a devotee of Tymora but not much for devout behavior and is often wary of religious people. He enjoys good conversation and equally good company but finds dutiful people to be boring and unappealing as friends. Sparrow is the kind of elf to challenge a half-orc to an arm wrestling contest or play hide and seek with children rather then discuss things like politics or philosophy. He is quick to befriend but his loyalty is difficult to obtain, once acquired it is for life, he will be the first to draw a blade for you but the first to speak up if he fears his friend walks a dark path.

Sparrow dislikes his birth name since he was named after his father, he prefers the nickname his mother gave him and often addresses himself as such and those who do know his real name know that he finds embarassment when it is used to address him. But he often replies with a witty comeback or a quick remark. Forever a jester and prankster he can be a real joy or an annoying menace, depending on whom is on the receiving end of his harmless pranks. Sparrow is rather boyish in nature but can become quite serious when the need arises, he often uses humor to lighten a mood or when he is uncomfortable.

His more altruistic behavior is rather different then most would think of him, he steals from those who have much or take much and gives to those who take little or have little but he does not seek their approval or adoration. He is known to leave food on the doorstep for a hungry family or leave a sack of gold coins in a drawer for the intended to find. He does what he does out of compassion and the desire to atone for his more selfish deeds.

History: Keldos Fadeleaf was born in Waterdeep, his father was once a renowned soldier, his mother a beautiful elven Bard. But his father took to drink and dishonorable work, eventually being killed in a bar brawl when he was young. His mother had left him with some friends of hers after his fathers death, promising to return when she found a more suitable place for them to live but she never returned. As time went on he began to act out, was brought to his foster parents home several times by the city watch. When his foster parents passed he was still very young and he had no one to care for him. Sparrow quickly fell in with a gang of other orphans like himself and they took to living in the cities sewers, picking pockets in the market and running scams all while dodging various criminal guilds and the city watch.

When he became too tall for them he was removed from the gang, there he met the legendary thief, Three-Fingered Jack, a master pickpocket and safecracker. It was through him Sparrow was introduced to the Thieves Guild, specifically the Shadow Thieves. Sparrow had found his calling, his small and lithe build made him a fantastic Second Story Man, also known as a Cat Burglar. Often going in through the upper windows of a building via the roof or a neighboring house. Sparrow quickly rose in the ranks, but as the Lords Of Waterdeep pressed the Shadow Thieves many of those he cared for were either forcefully retired, imprisoned or killed. After several years with the Shadow Thieves he went independent for a time. In his anger at the loss of his extended and larcenous family he sought out another, eventually coming across a small group of like-minded thieves. There he met Darrick Tavros, Darrick was quite charming and quickly became a father figure to the young Keldos.

It was with the Black Barons that Sparrow committed the sins he now devotes his life to repaying. The Black Barons stole indiscriminately, from robber barons to honest merchants and even those who had little. Sparrow stuck with Darrick and the Barons but when Darrick asked Sparrow to assassinate a magistrate that sought Darrick for the assault of a witness to one of his crimes Sparrow departed in disgust. Leaving the Black Barons forever. He has been independent since, stealing from the rich and other criminals and giving to the poor to atone for his crimes.

Edited by Macman253

All right, Mac, you're approved. But, take note: this will be your only character for the foreseeable future, and this is the last time I'll let you back in.

Hopefully I won't be removed at all. I understand I was a real jerk a few years ago. I promise you and everyone here that all I want is to make amends for it. I am sure some of you don't like me, I am okay with that and I am trying to better myself. I ain't the easiest guy to get along with but I am trying to beat those character flaws. So if anyone has anything to say, feel free to PM me and we can discuss it. Thanks for letting me back and this time I promise to do my utmost to not let you all down. If I do something wrong, please inform me and I will do what I can to do it right.

:smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am able to get back in to this here in a few days. Things have temporarily settled and I should be able to get something in. The second week of June is starts to get busy again with college things.

But hey! After the beginning of August I won't have Jack crap to do!

Well I am able to get back in to this here in a few days. Things have temporarily settled and I should be able to get something in. The second week of June is starts to get busy again with college things.

But hey! After the beginning of August I won't have Jack crap to do!

A light at the end of the tunnel, perhaps? ;D