Sword Request Competition

jaysus

id actually like to add more polygons but im yet above the 150kb mark for the nif lol... im usually around 60 to 70 -.-

however i just put it up for download... plz test it as im getting a headache and tell me whats wrong or not for the better lol...

the 1st Winner - Exodus's Wolf Blade

gratz :) see tablets rock...

and to the rest... dont stop!!! its not over!!! GOGOGOGO!!! your life depends on a neat drawing :P

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@tri

im actually not nearly as fast as i would like to :/

i even did the sword 3 times until i found a way with the fewest possible errors to deal with... cause max would be superfast if there wouldnt be stuff like randomly duplicating vertices or overlapping faces and stuff...

if you have a basic form like lets say a basic sword that looks like a cross just make a box, roughly estimate the edgepoints needed, give em to the box before you turn it to a mesh and move em around until you have the shape... works wonders in conjunction with the view->viewportbackground

if you have a shape like that sword from exodus your best bet (if you dont dare to mess with the crappy bolean collapsing crap doh dong) is to use splines or lines... just draw the outline and turn it into a mesh or poly ;) after that youll still have to make the blades edge sharp, the handle round, etc...

and to the rest... dont stop!!! its not over!!! GOGOGOGO!!! your life depends on a neat drawing :P

Well if it's not over...

My submission. Quality is pretty bad because I made this in paint from memory, both sides are supposed to be sharp.

http://gamingw.net/pubaccess/53838/swordm2.JPG

It doesn't really have a name though... But if you made it you'd really make my day (year really. I've been trying to put this into oblivion for so long but I ust can't get it).

Edit: Not sure why but the image sometimes won't show up... So I'll use an attachment too...

Man..., I hope I'm not to late..., (I bearly fisit the forum)

So here it is.

I call it "The rangers Edge", it's a 'medium' sized sword (somewhere b'tween a Long and a Short)

Material sugestion (for texture):

- Hilt made from Bone, Horn or antler.

- Wraping is Leather.

- Blade is Silver or Mithril.

Perhaps you can also make a second one as a off-hand. (slightly shorter than the mane-hand).

Oké that's it (I think).

-No, I'm still not Englisch-

:starwars: Blood makes the grass grow :whoops:

Archived