Script file folder

possum440

Excuse the noobish question. I have a mod Dl'd and everything is in its place except for one item, a script folder. i have gone through all trees and cannot find an "old" script folder, does this "new" script folder go into the data folder?

It might be that you have not done any modbuilding or downloaded and installed any mods that would have created this folder in your directories. So you may not have this folder in your directories yet. It should be located here: *Installation directory*\Skyrim\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts.

It might be that you have not done any modbuilding or downloaded and installed any mods that would have created this folder in your directories. So you may not have this folder in your directories yet. It should be located here: *Installation directory*\Skyrim\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\Scripts.

Ty sir. I have a bunch of mods but apparently never had one create that folder, done now and working, thanks again.

• 8 months later...

Ty sir. I have a bunch of mods but apparently never had one create that folder, done now and working, thanks again.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Why is there 2 script directories for Skyrim SE 64bit? \Data\Scripts (which is empty)

and the other is \Data\Source\Scripts (Which is where ckit put all their .psc scripts and no where else after extracting.)

Where should modders put their scripts??

• 11 months later...

I just asked myself the same thing... I'm setting up "Merge Plugins" as we speak and didn't find the TESV_Papyrus_Flags.flg for the longest time, until I went to check in that zipped Scripts folder which the program can't access directly. The directories are slightly different too, as the zipped one weirdly enough goes as "/Data/Scripts/Source/Scripts" while the normal one is simply "/Data/Scripts/Source". So I moved the file over to that one since the documentation referrences to the second directory (and the program couldn't access the zipped folder anyways). But I'm really weirded out by this and a bit confused about whether I'm supposed to merge the two folders or change anything regarding the rather odd directory... As for now I'm just going to leave it like that and hope nothing is messed up/broken by it, I really do not want to that.

But if anyone has a clue as to what the hell is up with this, PLEASE do let me know. Thanks.

Edited by StonedUnicorn7