Login Problems

Dark0ne

Every web developer should develop sites according to the web standard and not microsofts strange messed up one.

Microsoft pretty much made the web standard. IE is compatible with almost ALL code. Its the fools who made browsers like FireFox that decided not to make their browser compatible with some code...especially PHP coding.

Live with it.

Lol, browsers like mozilla, firefox, opera, etc. They are made according to the standard. Only Internet Explorer follows it's own standard and has strange features.

There are two standards Internet Explorer and everything else.

Well never mind the Internet Explorer vs. Other browser issues. There are pleanty of other issues that this sites users have.

Such as trouble downloading from the database (assuming that they can access it at all). For example an couple of the recent mods don't seem to be downloadable. I've noticed that this is an frequent issue.

To resolve many of these problems it would be nice if mod authors would share thier mods through one of the large open peer to peer networks and post an link to them in the database entries. That way even if the database has problems or something goes wrong, users would still be able to download the databases content.

I'm currently working on creating peer to peer download listings for many mods, addons, etc. Unfortunately it's taking some major time to create them.

Reguardless of my efforts much of the content was already being shared over various peer to peer networks, so all I've really done is provide an somewhat stable source and soon will be providing an listing on my website.

Ideally distributing them from an http/ftp server would be the fastest and best way. However the bandwidth requirements on such an server would be heavy. So distributing them through peer to peer networks is the next best solution. Also it has the advantage of having no central server, so even if one system is taken offline the content can still have multiple sources online.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may be my own problem somehow, but ever since the downtime that didn't happen, I have to login every single time I come to the forums now. Before, I'd click the remember me button and never have to log in again.... now I click the remember me button, and it doesn't remember me.

I never had any problems with this site untill the down time. Ever since this site is back up I cant download nor does it remember me. I have to log in everytime anew. I'd say it is my problem but I have not made any changes to my system, so how can it be? I would like to download from this site again cause there are plug ins on this site you can't get anywhere else. Please...anyone......!!!!??? :huh:

Well... are you using the .net version? Because the .com version doesn't work properly for me, I think the cookie settings are broken or something. It never remembers my login and keeps looping me back to the "please log in" part on the main site even when I've already logged in. The .net version seems to work fine, though.

Thank you very much. I ran and tried. It worked so far that it remembered me at the log in but I still can't download! Oh well I guess one of these days the big miracle will happen and this site will work propperly ....again!

Thank you Switch!