Assigning Children

JimmyRJump

At Somerville Place, I took away the irradiated crops and planted "fresh" corn and mutfruit instead, but the kids won't touch any of it and the game won't let you assign them to anything.

So, is there a way in FO4 to assign vanilla children?

to get it working you have to adjust the workshopnpcscrip on the kids(most options are set to false), can't remember correct, but i think some options only worked with a complete new game(like move/supline, works also on the aldults)) assign/work prolly work right away

not sure if there is any console command to make it work

Edited by speedynl

Via console:

setpv bCommandable 1
setpv bAllowMove 1
setpv bAllowCaravan 1
addkeyword WorkshopAllowCommand
addkeyword WorkshopAllowMove
addkeyword WorkshopAllowCaravan

The first three lines are for persistence and the last three for immediate results (otherwise need to exit and re-enter the settlement). Save as something like SetSettlerFlags.txt in the Data dir, then in console click the settler and bat SetSettlerFlags. Also useful if you want to spawn some unconventional settlers via console (try help settler 4 npc_) or move any default settlers that normally aren't movable.

Ahah the first time I saw your title and your pseudo I was saying "Oh no, Jimmy is gonna to make the children actually full time working like slaves !" :laugh:

Edited by Alerios

Via console:

setpv bCommandable 1
setpv bAllowMove 1
setpv bAllowCaravan 1
addkeyword WorkshopAllowCommand
addkeyword WorkshopAllowMove
addkeyword WorkshopAllowCaravan

The first three lines are for persistence and the last three for immediate results (otherwise need to exit and re-enter the settlement). Save as something like SetSettlerFlags.txt in the Data dir, then in console click the settler and bat SetSettlerFlags. Also useful if you want to spawn some unconventional settlers via console (try help settler 4 npc_) or move any default settlers that normally aren't movable.

Thanks Addikto.

• 7 months later...

I knew about those commands, but not how to make a script file like that - THANK YOU VERY MUCH Addikti - that is some extremely useful information.

can i use the same commands on that ungrateful little scrote at nordhagen beach?

Did you know he saw a Deathclaw once? He did! But it was far away...