Maharg67's Den (shorter works, short stories, poetry, etc.)

Maharg67

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt9/Dragonpen61/Forum%20Additives/rep_Tardis_500-1-1-1.jpg

Doctor Who!? Escape: Seven
One 7.1[8]

Quarantining the sleeper infested, amongst the settlement community, took some convincing until it was proven that they could die horribly or become monsters. The quarantine was limited for others, in the community, had immunity to the infestation.

All pretence was dropped as the Doctor brought the TARDIS to materialise at the center of the settlement. Locals were allowed to go into the, bigger inside than outside, visitors' lobby. It was so large and had antechambers, alcoves and cubicles to meet many needs.

The Doctor moved amongst the local peoples, pausing to help change some nappies with babies that loved him, to use his sonic-screwdriver to fix things, to speak with individuals or small groups and to make suggestions.

The DocTARDIS was limited in its resources but had the ability to duplicate enhanced, upgraded, versions of local technologies. Rayguns, robots, computers, compact electric vehicles, medical scanners, baby care-cots, laser-tools and much else. Copies of food rations were made as canned, powdered or canistered goods including pristine water.

More refugees arrived and were made welcome. Nobody had ever been pushed away, or so most of the locals stated but some hard a darker story to tell. Not all those effected visibly, by the infestation, became aggressive monsters. Some were distorted but generally harmless; yet such had been turned away by the settlement in the past. The Timelords were not pleased.

Edited by Maharg67

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt9/Dragonpen61/Forum%20Additives/rep_Tardis_500-1-1-1.jpg

Doctor Who!? Escape: Eight
One 8.1[9]

TiSuzane let it be clear that the settlement would allow all to settle there, even those who had been rejected openly before but secretly supported by a few locals in hidden places. The Doctor was very angry at the way that the victims, of the infestation, had been treated. He stormed up to the leadership and soon had them quaking in their boots.

After calming down he began to quietly discuss new plans for the settlement. He also learned much more about what was going on than his granddaughter had but only because of his far greater age and experience in such things.

The Doctor refused to give the locals access, or knowledge, of the elite Timelord technologies to the locals. It was forbidden, it was unwise and it was also pointless for the locals would not begin to understand it. The fear was that others would gain access to such stuff through the locals.

After helping to change some nappies, of babies who went wild with glee at his being there, he walked around with some children and dogs following him. The Timelord made them welcome, giving them nutritional jelly-babies that even the dogs could eat safely, despite they being carnivores.

TiSuzane, herself, led the groups of so called 'twisted' into the settlement proper and then helped find them somewhere to live. She was surprised how little the victims had to be 'marked' or 'malformed' for them to have been rejected by the majority of locals while a fair sized minority secretly tried to help them survive. Then she considered the great horrors that all of them had experienced and how much they feared the infested, even if unfairly in some cases; it made too much sense.

Edited by Maharg67

Saying hello.

Saying welcome.

Saying how are you, I hope you are fine.

Saying that it is a wonderful day.

All these and more can be said

as an empty gesture

or with meaningful positivity

that makes itself felt

either way.

Pagafyr, I was not sure how I felt at the time, or if I felt much at all, as I went through the process of exchanging words with various people that I met that day. The piece of writing reflects my state of mind at the time that I wrote it.

Thanks for the feedback! I do feel it this time.

You may have noted that this topic has now gained over 10,000 views.

A is for Awareness that improves much about us.

B is for Bravery that we can show at the oddest of times.

C is for Confidence that is necessary to get things done, even if at times it is not totally felt.

D is for important Discoveries that we make in our lives if we are open to doing so.

E is for Energy that we need to spend wisely to more than survive but to thrive.

F is for true Friendship that we can not truly do with out.

G is for Goodness which we need at least to try to achieve.

H is for Honesty that is best except for exceptional circumstances.

I is for Integrity that is best not just for one but for many, for all.

J is for Justice, true Justice that is blind to biased, corrupt, influences and thus fairer.

K is for Kindness that comes truly from the heart and is spontaneous.

L is for Love, true love that is held for all and not just romantic love or love for things.

M is for Mind that can be clear, aware, and open to the ideas of other minds.

N is for Nice, there is nothing wrong with being nice and strong, confident, people can choose to be nice.

More Letter wisdom to come.

Edited by Maharg67

Future Sequence of Story and 'Other' Posts

The Curse of Quamaire

Other

DC Torchwood

Other

Not This Earth

Other

Doctor Who

Other

Restart From the Top!

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt9/Dragonpen61/Forum%20Additives/ce322fb4-0bc0-48ab-b7a3-5bc9ffb07539_zps7p9gtnde.jpg

The Curse of Quamaire
One 46.1[46]{46}

Word came, to the Network-Towers, that a large expeditionary force had begun to make its way towards the linked towers structure. There were Septum Imperial Marines, Legionaries and other units along with Aratoron warriors and Tooze warriors. There were also battlemages, mages and others of special skills along with military artisans and some very tough camp followers. The expeditionary group also had some interesting surprises along with much equipment and supplies.

Because of the troubling appearance of TwistedOnes, in the Pale Pathways, it was decided that the Relief Expedition would not go that way. Instead they would follow the even more ancient, mysterious, Great Spiral Highway. It was a great, gently sloping, tunnel that ran in a great spiral dotted with big flat floored chambers where temple cities were to be found. There was 'something disturbing' about the Great Spiral Highway but not evil or greatly unnatural. It was hard to define what such 'feelings' meant.

StarMarshal Drake Septum led the Relief Expeditionary Force but he was also to be found back on the command ship of the fleet that had come from Tamriel. Being the Eternal Warrior he could do 'tricks' like that.

Edited by Maharg67

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt9/Dragonpen61/Forum%20Additives/ce322fb4-0bc0-48ab-b7a3-5bc9ffb07539_zps7p9gtnde.jpg

The Curse of Quamaire
One 47.1[47]{47}

The question was, who and what was the real Great Enemy? Was it really the great, undead, tentacular creature that moved slowly, steadily, towards the Network-Towers with its great army of controlled undead? Or was that great hunger, of a monster, just an unknowing puppet of an even more ancient, powerful and cunning force?

Perhaps it was partly an invasion but also partly a diversion from the real threat.

Question was then, what was the real Great Enemy, where was it and what was it up to?

Only a very few realized that there was the need for such questions let alone asking them but those were the entities who needed to be the ones asking them. They were also the ones who were seeking, or starting to seek, answers to those questions.

Edited by Maharg67