⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Maharg67's Den (shorter works, short stories, poetry, etc.)

Maharg67

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt9/Dragonpen61/Forum%20Additives/Tabbys-tabby-cats-25424501-425-251-1.jpg

The Cat #10

New Humans had destroyed the great monstrous things in the city, along with the city, using one of their new disintegration bombs. Instead of being grateful, the Old Humans became very frightened of the New Humans and many of them started to try to kill them all. Far from all, though, for some had a secret alliance with the New Humans and were even part way between Old and New Humans; they were New-Old Humans. The Cat considered this way of explaining things to be rather odd and funny.

​Then the Old Humans were departing from the whole region as they consolidated there forces. The Cat learned that the Old Humans were not in one group but were in three big groups and many many many small ones. The attack, on the city, had been carried out by a force made up of those from all three large groups and a few small groups. Now they were departing back home. They were focusing on regaining their old strength and dealing with other monstrous threats.

Apart from a couple of mild headaches, dealt with by taking catnaps curled up on the girl's lap, the Cat understood what this meant but in the fashion of seeing groups of cats. By moving the cats around, in her mind, she worked matters out. The girl noted how the Cat did things and hugged her, then the puppy, then the mother dog.

A time of peace came to the group around her but it was one busy with activity. The New Humans were amazing makers of things, users of things, and adaptors of things. A big, quiet, machine was making big snaky tunnels through the ground where Old Human tricky tricks could not see them in tricky ways. An old underground mine complex, not too far away even in cat terms, was being turned into a nice safe place for New Humans and others, like cats, to live and work and to take catnaps.

The Cat continued to slowly, steadily, change into 'New Cat' as the girl sometimes called her.

Often the Cat dream-not-dreamed being with her other, littler, girl and the family including the big jolly dog. There were others there also and they did not just have fun, catnaps, and eating-drinking but meetings. New Humans met with the dead but it seemed there were things, about such things, that the Cat could not truly understand. The girl reassured the Cat that even the New Humans had difficulty understanding such and that the Cat needed patience just as they did.

Edited by Maharg67

• Replies 817
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just skimmed your latest words and pictures. Seeing the pictures of a variety of Mods made my day.

The carriage with a fan on the back for propulsion is something I would have liked to have built if I had, had the parts. If it is one like I recall, it has wings that can be attached to the sides too.

The motorcycle inside a high heel shoe. If it has an old kick starter motorcycle those caused, some, people to get thrown off when they tried to start it cold in really cold weather. Because of the compression sometimes the kick starter would push back on the foot and literally lift a person up, and was fondly referred to as being strong as a mules kick.

So if the motorcycle in the shoe has a kick starter it could be fondly referred to as a "Kick a$$ shoe".

:happy:

I just skimmed your latest words and pictures. Seeing the pictures of a variety of Mods made my day.

The carriage with a fan on the back for propulsion is something I would have liked to have built if I had, had the parts. If it is one like I recall, it has wings that can be attached to the sides too.

The motorcycle inside a high heel shoe. If it has an old kick starter motorcycle those caused, some, people to get thrown off when they tried to start it cold in really cold weather. Because of the compression sometimes the kick starter would push back on the foot and literally lift a person up, and was fondly referred to as being strong as a mules kick.

So if the motorcycle in the shoe has a kick starter it could be fondly referred to as a "Kick a$$ shoe".

:happy:

Pagafyr, love those pictures myself and the vehicle concepts represented by them. I concur with your carefully thought out conclusions.

PS: more such pix to come!

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt9/Dragonpen61/Forum%20Additives/Tabbys-tabby-cats-25424501-425-251-1.jpg

The Cat #11

The Cat explored some of the new complex, along with the girl, the puppy and mother dog. New Humans were still finishing off the old mines as a new bunker complex having focused on defence, security, safety and other needs first. There were robots humming around on wheels, most being dumber remoterobots guided by fixed supercomputer network-systems or even New Humans in cyberlinkage. More New Humans had arrived, bringing cats, dogs, goats, horses, other animals and plants with them along with some curious lifeforms.

Genetically engineered plantimals were strange hybrid plant-animals that moved around.

Mushroomtrees were able to grow to about three metres in height and were close cousins to true mushrooms.

Then there were the clonemans born from surrogate mothers that Old Humans had invented and New Humans had fixed up, giving them better, fitter and healthier lives. The Cat had nothing against clonemans especially as they fussed over her, giving her snacks and scratching her behind her ears.

Scientists started to work with the Cat, the puppy and others. The Cat would tap on a basic keyboard in order to ask questions of importance such as 'can I have another snack' and others also such as why do clonemans have a slight, odd, smell about them that was sharper, more disturbing, in only a few; mostly it was very slight and not disturbing; it surprised the Cat that scientists were more interested in that matter than the clearly more important ones of snacks, catnaps and snuggles along with a growing love of catnip.

Some days after the Cat moved in as, as she saw it, primary owner of the complex, the shooting began. It began and then ended quickly. Then it started up again only to end quickly again. The Girl explained that some of the clonemans had been 'infected-infested' by something very bad inside and they went amok only to be shot. The Cat had helped to warn about the threat before it struck. Other clonemans were going through cleansing processes. The Girl did not say anything else, hugging the Cat to herself, but the feline was not fooled; the danger had not gone away with the death of a few infected-infested clonemans.

The dead cloneman were cremated and not recycled as might have happened but for the infection-infestation.

Things got quiet again in the Cat's new home, that she patiently shared with other cats out of the kindness of her heart, and the scientific testing went on with the Girl always being there when it was happening.

Edited by Maharg67

• 2 weeks later...

http://i592.photobucket.com/albums/tt9/Dragonpen61/avatar-0001a-1.jpg

The World Revolution

1.1[1]

The young, attractive, woman ran towards the metro train station and others assumed that she was late for her train. Indeed a metro express was about to set out for the city center at high speed, stopping only at a very few of the many stations along that line.

Her breasts bouncing a little, despite her use of a sports bra, and her legs showing much thanks to her minidress' high hem, she attracted a good deal of attention from the group of soldiers. Infamous as brutal butchers, the elite Stormtroopers grinned and learned at her shapely body. Some made crude gestures. They were all body-armoured and heavily armed with their grey-brown splashworked combat fatigues.

When she veered to start running towards them, they should have started to suspect something was wrong but they were still getting over a late night of booze, women and semilegal drugs. Only one of them, a scar faced old sergeant facing early retirement, twigged and raised his machinerifle (light machinegun) but it was too late.

The young woman hurled her handbag through the air and, seconds later, vanished in mid air with a soft shimmering effect as she teleported away. The handbag hit the ground, at the feet of a surprised private, and then exploded most dramatically.

Security Police Detective Lieutenant Arnold Smithe noted the crime scene with a mild queasy feeling. There had only been five survivors, one being a scar faced sergeant who had managed to get himself and two comrades to safety. The other two were just lucky! All were lightly injured by the very well designed, rather nasty, antipersonal weapon. Tiny dart-pellets had sprayed out in just the right way to strike at the soldiers who had been standing, generally, in the same pattern that they normally took when waiting for a military train. That habit had set them up as 'sitting ducks' to what some called terrorists and others named as freedom fighters.

He rubbed at the sweat on his bald head and then scrawled some notes down on his badly made notepad. Corruption meant that government forces often gained poorly made stuff to work with. His young granddaughter gained better quality stationary at her primary school than he did as a supposedly elite police officer. His pencil snapped and with a curse he threw it into the grass.

He spoke. "Time to buy some stationary for ourselves, sergeant!"

The slimly voluptuous-muscular, black uniformed Sergeant Tisha nodded. "That swine, Abner, has contacts but it will cost us. Still, at least the pencils will not snap and the notepads won't fall to pieces. They will be disguised, illegal imports, of course."

That went with out saying, of course. Capitalist State industries were infamous for their poor quality goods with only disguised illegal imports, and very expensive local made items, being the exceptions. That is except for cottage industry stuff as made by artisans.

The state was collapsing as the rebellion grew in strength and the central government became increasingly corrupt, incompetent, riven by bitter factionalism and isolated from the 'people'. Except that Smithe suspected, like many others, that it was all conspiracy engineered.

Edited by Maharg67

The World Revolution

1.2[2]

The uniformed sergeant patted his behind. "You can have your wicked way with me, sir, before things get too hectic with the case!"

He nodded. "Of course, sergeant, one needs to keep one's people happy."

Security Officer Constable Manders came up beside them with a grin on his skinny, angular, face. "You going to make me happy, as well, lieutenant?"

The sergeant laughed softly and the lieutenant gave a comic scowl. "Don't tempt me, Manders. Get any useful witness statements?"

Manders shrugged. "Nobody was lying, for once, but there was no real information except some men noted that the terrorist was very sexy too look at. Some women were jealous or pretended to be so. There was some descriptive consistency but I got the feeling the results were bland as with any 'pretty, athletic, young babe' as one guy put it. In other words they saw her legs, and breasts, more than anything else and then her 'adorable blue eyes' and the sort of 'beautiful face' that could define thousands of women. That is including those who have sneaked across the border to get cosmetic surgery."

Women often went across the border, got cosmetic surgery, and signed up as expensive prostitutes in order to pay back the fees plus gain some extra money. NeoYork, the crazed capitalist citystate, was a hub of sexual commerce along with many other kinds. NeoYork was also the base for many big transnational corporations who paid expensive prostitutes to please their high ranking people and valuable customers along with others they wanted to influence.

Smithe frowned. "Got a bad feeling about this, a very bad one. The vanishing trick, the deceptive appearance, all point to psychic gifted rebels. If they are in town, then we are in for some hard, fast, violent action. They hate Stormtroopers and have damned good reason to do so; only good thing is they do not target anybody other than those they hate. Do they hate us? I do not know! We will all be wearing body-armour, for the foreseeable future, and be equipped with a full range of weapons including ones in duffel bags and in our vehicles. We got to get at least one SPAWT working with us."

He meant a Security Police Armour Weapons Team being paramilitary troopers with heavier body-armour and weapons; they were cyborgs augmented with very expensive supertech bought from highly classified sources. SPAWT Troopers tended to make other people uneasy.

The other two had learned to trust the detective lieutenants 'instincts' enough to not question him; if he said they were heading into a tricky case than that was just what they were doing.

Edited by Maharg67

• 2 weeks later...

Writing,

is a wondrous gift of creativity

a process quite rewarding

especially when a writer does one's best

and improves one's works

but writing is also exhausting

frustrating

and isolating

so feedback is always welcome

The Cat #12

More clonemans went strange but not all were very bad and got shot. Some were very bad and they ran away but New Humans tracked them down and killed them. The cat was surprised that she felt very sorry for the dead clonemans for they had not chosen their fate but had been victims.

The cat learned how to spell in a basic language designed for such as her; she decided that it had to be special if it was designed for cats.

Puppy was getting bigger but he would never be really large because he was a breed of dog that did not get very large.

The girl was growing towards womanhood and was getting 'bumps'.

Years were passing as adjusted 3Dscreens showed war raging on other continents between Old Humans, New Humans, and the distorted ones. A new enemy had arisen as the infected-infested clonemans whose groups were enemies of everybody, including each other.

The Spacers, who were Old Humans who had fled into space, destroyed some big spaceports with nuclear weapons but only after warnings and giving people time to get away; they even took as many cats as they could, showing great wisdom. Then the Spacers said they would destroy any rocket ship, or shuttle, trying to leave Earth. Yet they also began dropping parachute pods from low orbit containing very special hitech supplies; except they were only going to the Old Humans but for those that New Humans managed to capture.

The cat wondered what the fuss was about for none of the parachute pods held things for cats. Still, if they made her human friends happy then that must have been for the best. Then the girl managed to communicate that getting the parachute pods helped to make sure that the cat would get her catnip, cat-snacks, and other important things. This assured the feline that it was very important that New Humans got at least a few parachute pods.