Force a mod to load at the bottom

capella6707

I'm assuming there's a way to do this, I just don't know how.

I need to keep A Quality World Map (icepenguinworldmapclassic.esp) at the very end of my load order. I know how to drag a mod to create a load order dependency, but that's relative - is there a way to force an absolute position?

I saw another question here that was similar. The answer was to set the Global priority to a high number. I tried that, and the highest I can set it is 127. I have 157 active/enabled esps & esms. The highest number in the load order column is 160, so I'm not sure why I can only enter 127 for the mod. I'm probably just not understanding something here. Could someone explain what I need to do to accomplish this?

Most mods have Global Priority 0.

If you set one mod to Global Priority one, it will go at the end because one is higher than zero.

Within any given global priority, like one, you can assign local priorities.

So local priority one for global priority one will go after all the global priority one modules with the default local priority zero.

Clear as mud?

So local priority one for global priority one will go after all the global priority one modules with the default local priority zero.

Clear as mud?

Okay, the local priorities info is probably more than I need to know - right now at least.

I noticed that Vortex is setting a Global value on some mods, so I just need to make sure that the mod in question has a higher value than the max Global value set, right?

Then it would seem to me that there would be a chance that Vortex assigns a new mod with a higher Global value than the one that I manually set. If that's true, then is there a way to keep the mod I need at the bottom with a higher Global value than whatever is added in the future?

Clear as mud?

Okay, the local priorities info is probably more than I need to know - right now at least.

I noticed that Vortex is setting a Global value on some mods, so I just need to make sure that the mod in question has a higher value than the max Global value set, right?

Then it would seem to me that there would be a chance that Vortex assigns a new mod with a higher Global value than the one that I manually set. If that's true, then is there a way to keep the mod I need at the bottom with a higher Global value than whatever is added in the future?

Actually, Vortex seems more concerned about things that load first., On my system, Skyrim.esm has priority 0/0, even though it loads first. All the rest of the DLCs have priority -127/0. The unofficial patches have priority -120/0 so that loads next. All the rest of my mods have priority 0/0 except one I am working with and assigned priority 5/0.

Actually, Vortex seems more concerned about things that load first., On my system, Skyrim.esm has priority 0/0, even though it loads first. All the rest of the DLCs have priority -127/0. The unofficial patches have priority -120/0 so that loads next. All the rest of my mods have priority 0/0 except one I am working with and assigned priority 5/0.

So Vortex doesn't have a way to manually force a mod to the bottom - just relative to other mods?

I need to keep A Quality World Map (icepenguinworldmapclassic.esp) at the very end of my load order. I know how to drag a mod to create a load order dependency, but that's relative - is there a way to force an absolute position?

I saw another question here that was similar. The answer was to set the Global priority to a high number. I tried that, and the highest I can set it is 127. I have 157 active/enabled esps & esms. The highest number in the load order column is 160, so I'm not sure why I can only enter 127 for the mod. I'm probably just not understanding something here. Could someone explain what I need to do to accomplish this?

You are confusing Load Order with Priority. They are not the same thing.

If you want to force a plugin to be last the best method will be with a global priority. By default, all mods are assigned a global priority of 0 as well as the local priority as 0. This means if you set a plugin to a global priority of anything greater than 0 will force it to the end. The valid values for priorities is -127 to 127. Game files and some plugins (Unofficial Patch) have pre-assigned global priorities which you can see here: https://loot.github.io/docs/contributing/Global-Priorities.html

Of course, Local Priority is used to sort plugins with the same Global Priority. So, say you set all your Armor plugins to Global Priority of 50, you can sort those plugins among themselves using the Local Priority.

If you want to force a plugin to be last the best method will be with a global priority. By default, all mods are assigned a global priority of 0 as well as the local priority as 0. This means if you set a plugin to a global priority of anything greater than 0 will force it to the end. The valid values for priorities is -127 to 127. Game files and some plugins (Unofficial Patch) have pre-assigned global priorities which you can see here: https://loot.github.io/docs/contributing/Global-Priorities.html

Of course, Local Priority is used to sort plugins with the same Global Priority. So, say you set all your Armor plugins to Global Priority of 50, you can sort those plugins among themselves using the Local Priority.

I am confirming what SkunkMonkey said because I have done it and it is working like a charm .... however, I have used only Global Priority for some mods recommended by the authors to be at the bottom of the load order like for example, Flower Girls, which no matter what I did, it was never placed at the bottom till I used Global Priority and now is sitting right at the bottom of my load order.

Thanks for the explanation about Global and Local priorities. I'm setting my my to a higher Global than any others and it's loading last, like I needed.

What, exactly, is the difference, then?

In a load order, every plugin gets a number from 1-x. There cannot be two mods with the same load order number.

A priority is just a value that makes sure, that plugins with a higher priority are loaded later than plugins with a lower priority. Within the same priority, the normal sorting rules apply.

In a load order, every plugin gets a number from 1-x. There cannot be two mods with the same load order number.

A priority is just a value that makes sure, that plugins with a higher priority are loaded later than plugins with a lower priority. Within the same priority, the normal sorting rules apply

Makes sense. Thanks, Grestorn.