WTF DEVS? - can you complicate things more?

ChicagoChad

Not for me. I can download 0.65.2 just fine. You probably just hit one of the many download server issues with Nexus.

Thanks!

This dead horse has been beat long enough.

I am satisfied knowing the current novice customer base can download a version of NMM that works with the new servers.

Maybe that will hold down the number of angry, frustrated users we get here on problems that have nothing to do with Vortex.

Edited by rmm200

No the link on Nexusmods.com (on the top of the main page) links directly to 0.65.2

And, even though I haven't tried it, I'm pretty sure that NMM will update itself to the latest 0.65.3 after installing 0.65.2. Additionally, 0.65.2 should work just as "well" (if you can even talk about "working well" with NMM).

Well the banner at the top still says 0.65.0.

If you click through to the download, you wind up with:

nmm.nexusmods.com’s server IP address could not be found.

I am not sure that is any improvement.

The link leads to a choice page for either Vista, Win7, 8 & 10 or Legacy edtions for WinXP. When hitting thr download link you end up at a download page that has several download options.

Since I'm dumb as a door-knob to modding on this Vortex thing which I have not heard anything about. While we are at it what's VR? I hope for a little indulgence? Why can't I sign into NMM anymore? Anyone have an answer? It seemed to work fine over the weekend. Now I can't download anything to it or sign in. Thank you for any information. Sorry for interrupting.

Sincerely,

Raum777

VR = the virtual reality version of FO4

What concerns NMM, Nexus servers have swapped from using HTTP to HTTPS and bar two 0.5.xx versions, none of the NMM versions prior to v0.65.0 can communicate with the Nexus servers as of 8 May because they use the HTTP protocol.

Get the latest versions of NMM on GitHUB. Use at least version 0.65.3 as older versions have a code error that won't allow you to manually sort plugins in NMM when an esl is loaded above an esm.

Now this sounds serious. Here it is 10 May, and the feature download version of NMM is currently 0.65.0, which you say is broken.

Please, please, for all that is holy, change Nexusmods.com to point to 0.65.3 - if that is indeed the version that works with HTTPS.

New users will have no idea about going to Github to look for a working release.

I don't want to see new users getting confused by a broken NMM - and then coming here both lost and discouraged.

The version 0.65.3 is the one that has the fix for manually changing plug-in load order in NMM. v0.65.2 is the hotfix for the HTTP/HTTPS switch

No the link on Nexusmods.com (on the top of the main page) links directly to 0.65.2

And, even though I haven't tried it, I'm pretty sure that NMM will update itself to the latest 0.65.3 after installing 0.65.2. Additionally, 0.65.2 should work just as "well" (if you can even talk about "working well" with NMM).

NMM will not automatically update since it's looking at the Nexus for updates while new versions are on GitHUB.