Bethesda Lied

TheDecaded

I still don´t know if I will try it, first if we need to pay each month I will not buy it for sure, and second online games have an expiration date, so we buy the game and in some years they will shut down the servers and the game we paid for will be useless.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also CS:GO. Whatever that has to do with the topic.

All remarks along the lines of "TES is dead" and "Bethesda studio has sold their soul" are moot though, it's not developed by Bethesda studios and I'm sure TES VI will come out 5 years from now unaffected by the MMO and be the same huge buggy sandbox we all love.

I still don´t know if I will try it, first if we need to pay each month I will not buy it for sure, and second online games have an expiration date, so we buy the game and in some years they will shut down the servers and the game we paid for will be useless.

EQ servers are still up. Just throwing that out there.

If anyone is shocked or in any way surprised by this, you must have had your head in the sand for the last several years. I'm surprised it took Zenimax/Beth this long.

The MMO market is becoming saturated. If they're going to do this, they need to put some serious thought and creativity into it. I'm heavily looking forward to the release of GW2 because it's completely different from WoW/Rift/ToR, which are all basically the same. I'm really hoping that the TES MMO does something different as well instead of being another WoW clone.

Edited by Karasuman

Some more insight:

http://xbigygames.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-screenshots-and-details/

Generic WoW clone #17 incoming

edit: This is what this says:

-3rd person

-Movement system that 'people are used to from other MMOs'

-All skills in a hotbar

-Depending on what race you pick you are stuck in a faction and 6 out of 9 races are your enemy

-Can't be a vampire or werewolve

-No player housing

Edited by Szimitar

Hmm it sounds like the usual mmo type...random event/richer experience will probably be just random fetch/kill quest system like in skyrim.

The movement system should be a normal thing for any mmo...im wondering more about the targeting system... it sounds like the typical tab target combat.

So far not impressed, but this is just little info we got here...like usually.

It's true we don't know much yet, but if they really had a game that's different from WoW/Rift/GW, the don't you think they would say so? This is their world reveal, they know all TES fans are reading this; everything points towards:

"Hey guys, MMOs make shitloads of money, Oblivion made shitloads of money, what can go wrong by putting them together hurpaderp." - Zenimax dude with lots of money

Let's just hope it doesn't ruin the hype for TES VI a few years down the road :)

Yeah i aggree, mmos usually try to show off as much as possible of what they have to offer...considering that we have again the usual "we arent talking about that right now" responses regarding some questions...it could mean there isnt much to offer in terms of new innovative ways, creativity.

For example the mounts "we arent talking about that right now" kinda sounds like there arent any mounts in the game and its the usual way of them backing out of the question, but i could be wrong.

Yep i was wrong, there are mounts just not flying ones.

Edited by pavy