Elder scrolls online and Dawnbreaker update!

gamersglory1

Wiki Pages

The Elder Scrolls Online is Real

ZeniMax Online Studios is developing a massively multiplayer version of the popular single-player fantasy series.

Video Here!

After much speculation, the MMO version of The Elder Scrolls role-playing series has officially been announced. Developed by ZeniMax Online Studios, The Elder Scrolls Online will allow players to quest across the entire continent of Tamriel 1000 years before the events of The Elder Scrolls V, which includes the provinces of Cyrodiil (where The Elder Scrolls IV was set) and Skyrim (setting of The Elder Scrolls V).

Not many specifics are available yet, but according to Game Informer you'll be able to play as one of three factions, take part in open-world player versus player combat in the province of Cyrodiil and vie for control of the throne of the Emperor.

The Elder scrolls online

http://pc.ign.com/articles/122/1224248p1.html

Even before Bethesda released Skyrim we all knew that DLC packs would be appearing a few months later. Today, Bethesda confirmed the first of those packs, however, there’s a big “but” for anyone who doesn’t own Microsoft’s console.

The good news is, Skyrim is getting its first DLC, which will be called Dawnguard. Bethesda has only released the image you see above to confirm its existence. And now here’s the but: Dawnguard is only coming to the Xbox 360 this summer.

Bethesda has promised more detail about the new content at E3, which starts on June 5. Most concerning is the fact this only seems to be for the Xbox 360, at least initially. That makes little sense, especially when you consider the healthy following the game has on PC and the uproar caused by poor performance and bugs on the PS3 by the thousands who bought it for Sony’s machine.

I hate it when MS pays money for exclusive rights to games or timed exclusives for games or content. Surely, Dawnguard is a timed exclusive. Still, so stupid we have to wait for it for PC.And if it actually doesn't go on PC, Bethesda deserves all the complaints and negative emails that will come their way. Same applies for if the DLC doesn't go on PS3.

M$ will one of these days go out of buissness. And everyone will be happy.

I am both a PC and a PC player, so to speak for everyone here: we deserve MORE than the xbox for what we've suffered through trying to play the game. The PC has gotton way to many bugs and the PS3 is still waiting for a fix to the lag that makes the game unplayable in certain parts and the unneeded loading times need to be shortened. The xbox shouldnt even be getting this DLC, this one should be exclusive for the players who have trouble actually PLAYING the game.

hi gamersglory1, you might try to change the topic from 'Dawnbreaker' (the sword) to 'Dawnguard' (the DLC)..

i fear for The Elder Scrolls series with Microsoft getting involved,

seems like anything MS touches or monopolizes eventually causes creative innovation to stagnate.

Wait, wait. The consoles can barely run Skyrim as it is (with the Xbox being the worst,) surely the game will look terrible and have none of the features found in the original series? I don't see the point in making an online game unless it mapped the whole of Tamriel because you would just be playing the same game again but fighting monsters 24/7. Why is this a MMO and not a MMORPG? Maybe you can only play with a max of 100 players because the console won't be able to handle it!

Wait, wait. The consoles can barely run Skyrim as it is (with the Xbox being the worst,) surely the game will look terrible and have none of the features found in the original series? I don't see the point in making an online game unless it mapped the whole of Tamriel because you would just be playing the same game again but fighting monsters 24/7. Why is this a MMO and not a MMORPG? Maybe you can only play with a max of 100 players because the console won't be able to handle it!

I am going to go ahead and assume that you are thinking that the MMO will be released for the consoles? If so, then that is not right. It will be PC and MAC only. Also, regarding some of the comments about the Xbox 360 exclusivity: I hate it. I absolutely can not stand that MS had to butt their heads into Skyrim. However, even though I hate it severely, I can still find solace in the fact that we PC players will STILL be laughing at the console side of things as they are enjoying Dawnguard because we know that once they finish it (however long it is) then they will once again be bored with skyrim, whereas not only have we been releasing mods since the release of skyrim itself and have had access to unlimited amounts of content, but once we finish the DLC then we will begin modding it to the ends of Nirn! The Elder Scrolls fans that play on consoles, the die hard ones at least, will get maybe 200 hrs out of the game before calling it quits. Maybe even a little more with some expansions, while we will be playing and modding for the years to come.

What's better than being a PC gamer?

-Elsarian

I was going from the OP's info and some more ive seen on the interwebs and i was still in shock by the idea of such a game being on the consoles AT ALL seeing as this will surely reduce gameplay and quality unless its streamed or something.. Edited by GoodfellowGoodspring

TES online will probably have different servers for each platform (if it does go on consoles )

as for M$ bribing Beth to release the DLC exclusively for the 360, well no surprise there. they did it before and they will do it again.

I can't help wondering who M$ are targetting with this. those who would buy a 360 to get this DLC a few months before anyone else probably already have one.

all it does it make them feel superior for a little while but makes everyone else hate M$ and their smug console customers.

The xbox has had no problems. They really don't deserve this DLC.

The PS3 gets major lag because Bethesda doesn't have a clue on how to run a game on that system. They decided that all the settings for PS3 are the same for xbox, when that makes the game unplayable. And they STILL haven't fixed it.

The PS3 can handle more than you think. It hasn't reached full potential. It can run Crysis 2 on higher settings than it already runs it on.