Fallout 76 No Mods

madwolf2006

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do i fear that as in many other survival with base building a (lagre) part of the players will just play to destroy what other have made?

Private server? so no can we still make "our" game and invite our friend to realy have a coop experience without a dude joinig and screwing everything?

Regarding mods : Free Third party mods are what have made TES and fallout identity, so if you have to buy on CC, bad point.

Vats in real time? What? I wait to see, but i hardy see how that gonna work. Open vats, select ennemy target , fire? how is that faster then just aiming and firing as in any other fps? An accuracy bonus maybe?

I will wait for actual gamplay (not beta, real one, once the game is realesed) to decide to buy it or not, even thought, there better not be any microtransaction (i asume it's already in place if we can only mod via CC).

Now i hope for Obsidian to make an other great true fallout game.

Somthing in alaska maybe, cold harsh winter + nuclear winter. With remanant of the chinese army still fighting. Like descendent of chinese soldier who fanatised themselve throught generation and goes once more to alaska. killing "american" would have become like a religion. Prevent them to nuke once more the US. Try to change them, make peace, or just nuke them before they do. The second batle of Anchorage! Level underwater and under the ice.

Ok i'm hyping myself here.

Edited by ragnak

Todd also talked about people not wanting all their crap being destroyed and though I don't think you can maybe 100% prevent that kind of thing (on a non-priv server anyway) that they wanted for people to play and not have everything destroyed but still have a sense of danger in the world.

So they know how much people can be buttholes and are hopefully planning for it. I'm gonna try to do the beta. Besides I'll be one of the few people that knows their way around the map! lol

Well I'll be damned. Apparently they will have private servers.

Not at launch, though "You'll be able to have your own private world and mod it." at a later time.

For reference I found the video with just the talk relevant to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-3X04jwJ0U

Why mods and eventual support wasn't even touched in the briefing is beyond me. Especially considering "We love mods, so we are 100% committed to doing that for 76 as well." which I my self am very interested in seeing how they manage this when basically all content is (in all likely hood) handled server side. Still it's good to see them address what even they admit is what gives their games the lifespan that they have.

Well I'll be damned. Apparently they will have private servers.

Not at launch, though "You'll be able to have your own private world and mod it." at a later time.

For reference I found the video with just the talk relevant to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-3X04jwJ0U

Why mods and eventual support wasn't even touched in the briefing is beyond me. Especially considering "We love mods, so we are 100% committed to doing that for 76 as well." which I my self am very interested in seeing how they manage this when basically all content is (in all likely hood) handled server side. Still it's good to see them address what even they admit is what gives their games the lifespan that they have.

They didn't talk about it at E3 when Fallout came out either, I don't think.

Lots of online and multiplayer games have had mods. Maybe not to the extent we have in the single-player games but they have them. But really, why all the couch burnings when we just don't have that much information?

Lots of online and multiplayer games have had mods. Maybe not to the extent we have in the single-player games but they have them. But really, why all the couch burnings when we just don't have that much information?

Oh that part is easy. Money, Money, and more Money

There is still a very good chance that these "mods" being referred to are mods from the next iteration of the Creation Club. It all comes down to money. They are a business not a gamer, look at how many times he used the word "service" Working in the "service" industry myself I see it every single day. Something will have to generate revenue for server costs (bandwidth, wages, maintenance ect.) It really becomes a matter of how it's paid for.

Given the fact they outright made a platform for "paid mods" (honestly they pay mod authors for their work making modifications and then sell those modifications, but will never refer to them as such) a lot of people don't have faith as it's not a person we're dealing with; it's a business.

This is why I said I'm very interested in seeing how they manage this. I'm hopeful we will get to retain our free mods and be able to share what we create with everyone for free and have this as an excellent platform to showcase/share these mods. The lack of information is why "all the couch burnings" as you say, if they had said something to the effect of users can still make their own mods to use. That would be one thing, but they didn't, and that worries a lot of us who know if they never said so, we the buyers can't go back and say but you claimed this, because they never did. A lot of us see this...

And a lot of you could be right or wrong. That is the point, you don't know. I don't know, you don't know. Only Todd knows. Again, just because this game may not have modding the way people want or are accustomed to having, doesn't mean the sky is falling. I just guess I've reached a point in my life that I'm not going to get my undies in a bunch over crap I don't know and have no control over.

Now if the game comes out and there is never any modding or the only mods are CC stuff, well then maybe I'll worry about it. Or maybe not. It's just a game after all and I got my irons in other fires (which I don't use to burn the couches.)

I'm just amazed at the vitriol. Every game we go throw this. I've been here for over 10 years and it's the same thing, every, single, time. I mean people were already saying and posting "OMG there will not be any modding at all, ever for this game." Bethesda has always been notoriously tight-lipped about stuff. So I'm not surprised they aren't giving up all the goods right now.

I'm signing up for the Beta. That won't answer the mod question maybe but it will let me see some actual stuff that I will be more easy to comment about. If Beth stops making games I like and think are good then I won't buy them anymore. No need to throw good money after bad. But I won't know until I know, and neither will anyone else.

As others have said, we can't be certain based on the limited info so far. Personally, I wasn't impressed by either 76 or Blades, but we'll see. I won't turn my back until I know more about them.

But let's assume, for a moment, that these two games do turn out to be everything I (and others) fear them to be... There's clearly a market for those sorts of games, but I'm not part of that market.

The big question then is this: do these new games represent a flashy new ADDITION to Beth's traditional game format (i.e. sprawling, highly modifiable, immersive, single-player RPGs) or are they a REPLACEMENT for those games. I'm concerned that it might be the latter. Maybe not immediately, but possibly over the next few years. In other words, a major sea change in the kinds of games that Beth makes.

Not sure why Beth would do something like this, but as others have said, short-term greed, narcissism, and egos are key factors when it comes to running a successful business into the ground.

It's kinda of depressing. I just watched some game-play for Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I was impressed. Right now, its creators seem more ambitious than the Beth guys. Based on what I saw, I suspect we might be reaching an absurd point where an Assassin's Creed game could offer a greater RPG experience than a mighty Beth game. As things currently stand, the key differentiator will be the lack of modability on an AC game. But Beth isn't exactly showing much love to free mods right now, so that difference may also disappear.

Edited by crawe1x