Freezes and stuttering walking into a new cell

l0new0lf331

l0new0lf331, you mention conflicts. While you still need to pay attention to the advice mod authors give on conflicts, having a merged patch and a bashed patch will help certain things play well together. If you don't have those, check out this article:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/articles/1004

This will not solve stuttering, but you mentioned going through FO4Edit to resolve conflicts, and I wanted to link you to something that might be useful to you. :)

Thank You audiodef, I will try building patches then and see if that will deal with the conflicts. I was setting my load order manually to make sure what I wanted showed in game and did not know or understand how to do these merges/changes manually.

There's also an article in there on how to use both LOOT and Wrye Bash to sort properly, at least in terms of sorted masters. You do this before making the merged and bashed patches.

Let me know if you run into any trouble or have questions.

• 1 year later...

After years of searching, I finally found the (simple) answer, here: http://www.skyrim-beautification-project.com/fallout4/tweaks/index.htm

Scroll down to 4. Texture Compression, and follow the author's instructions.

I'm running FO4 on ultra settings, with an ENB and Reshade, and I now have 0 stutter or lag, and my game is the smoothest it has ever been. I tested it
for 5 hours, going to the most demanding areas on the map. 0 stutter, even when fighting large groups of enemies. Also eliminated any latent texture loads (many of my textures are 4k).
As far as texture quality being affected - I noticed no change.

Before, even on my high-end rig, the stutters were so bad, that I just stopped playing the game. Turns out, it was the ton of loose texture files, from all the mods I installed,
that were the culprit. By converting them into ba2 files, it freed up all the memory that was being constantly over-burdened (even though I have a 16gb GPU with 32 gb of RAM) every time
I would walk into a new cell, due to loading all the loose tex files(even those not needed).

Hope this fix helps you guys out.

Edited by voodoohammer

• 2 weeks later...

After years of searching, I finally found the (simple) answer, here: http://www.skyrim-beautification-project.com/fallout4/tweaks/index.htm

Scroll down to 4. Texture Compression, and follow the author's instructions.

I'm running FO4 on ultra settings, with an ENB and Reshade, and I now have 0 stutter or lag, and my game is the smoothest it has ever been. I tested it

for 5 hours, going to the most demanding areas on the map. 0 stutter, even when fighting large groups of enemies. Also eliminated any latent texture loads (many of my textures are 4k).

As far as texture quality being affected - I noticed no change.

Before, even on my high-end rig, the stutters were so bad, that I just stopped playing the game. Turns out, it was the ton of loose texture files, from all the mods I installed,

that were the culprit. By converting them into ba2 files, it freed up all the memory that was being constantly over-burdened (even though I have a 16gb GPU with 32 gb of RAM) every time

I would walk into a new cell, due to loading all the loose tex files(even those not needed).

Hope this fix helps you guys out.

Thanks man. It didn't remove the stutter %100 for me but that might be my shitty HDD.

Most of the stutters are gone tho.

• 3 months later...

There's also an article in there on how to use both LOOT and Wrye Bash to sort properly, at least in terms of sorted masters. You do this before making the merged and bashed patches.

Let me know if you run into any trouble or have questions.

Malwarebytes blocked that site due to a trojan.