No storage device selected fix?

dennis71

Yes, NVR has some...questionable "Features", and the Creator has a weird hangup about providing information about settings.

In the NVR Ini is a 'Savesettings' function. Set it to 0 and you can save your options again. (Why that's a "feature" to begin with, I have no idea.)

Edited by Radioactivelad

Yes, NVR has some...questionable "Features", and the Creator has a weird hangup about providing information about settings.

In the NVR Ini is a 'Savesettings' function. Set it to 0 and you can save your options again. (Why that's a "feature" to begin with, I have no idea.)

It'd be nice if he would post that info on his mod page, rather than forcing people to register at his website to read it

No info on how to fix this caused me to uninstall it, I don't even know how to open the in-game menu, as he's removed ALL of the info for all versions of his "Reloaded" mod from the Nexus.

If he had at least locked the comments instead of just turning them completely off, I could've eventually figured it out

I don't know why something that prevents you from saving your setting is considered "A feature"

Thanks for the info though!!!

@pixelhate Gave you a Kudos for the help

• 2 years later...

So i just got back into modding kinda but i can install my games and get the mods to work but my game wont save can i get some help

I would really like to play my modded new vegas again

Have you tried the suggestion from Radioactivelad?

Same problem here. It has nothing to do with permissions on my end. I can save my game just fine but it won't save the settings. This is completely infuriating. I've already spent hours and hours carefully following Sinitar's U.L.T.I.M.A.T.E mod guide especially the Stability section, and somehow the game STILL finds a way to be a pain in the ass. f*** this.

*EDIT* weirdly enough, disabling "read only" for Fallout.ini and FalloutPrefs.ini seemed to fix the issue. Only problem is that it clearly states in Sinitar's modding guide that they should remain on "read only." Maybe there's a setting within one of ini files I need to adjust? f*#@ knows lol. I'm gonna just keep "read only" off for these ini files and see how I get away with it.

Edited by Gavwav

• 1 year later...

I actually had to set it to 1 to make it work. Just in case someone runs at this problem when installing 3rd person dialogue camera like I did