Captcha on Login

kamikatze13

A few days ago needed for login were 1. username 2. password 3. captcha in this order (I am using opera as browser). In most cases the first captcha was successful. Sometimes I could not identify the presented shops because I am not a native of the country where the shops are located (not in mine for sure).

Today I need 1. captcha (and captcha again if my luck (?) is on the bad side) 2. username 3. password. The captcha needs time to present itself, I first typed my username and was "interrupted" by the pop- up of the captcha (the only change on my side has been update of opera). I did not except the captcha in first place.

If You changed somehing on Your side I would appreciate to be told in the news or a login- FAQ. If You changed anything on Your side it is imo worse- a login procedure should not be changed by a browser update.

I do not like to be a test subject for experiments with the login procedure. I would like to get Your advice for login for Your site in future as FAQ. Thanks in advance.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I need 1. captcha (and captcha again if my luck (?) is on the bad side) 2. username 3. password. The captcha needs time to present itself, I first typed my username and was "interrupted" by the pop- up of the captcha (the only change on my side has been update of opera). I did not except the captcha in first place.

Yes, it keeps getting worse. As if google's privacy wasn't bad enough by itself. First the new layout, then the captcha... it looks like Dark0ne is trying to reduce the nexus' population.

Finally, after 2 days of trying, with 3 different browsers and 1000 of different setting combinations, I finally got a Login done:

I Installed the 4th Browser: f*#@ing Google Chrome. Then I put it to allow all, just everything, doesn't matter whether its popups, cookies, trackers, java, flash, viruses, malware, just everything is allowed. Even then I needed an hour to get a Captcha that a) loaded itself and did not fail to popup b) could be read and listen to c) did not get a "Captcha fail" after the Password stuff and d) did not get the incorrect password fail message afterwards.

Sorry, this is bullshit. But the ridiculous thing is, that you can't complain on the login method until you got to a success on login. How large would this thread be, if all the guys who can't login would post here?

Are you going to offer a membership level that removes the need for the captcha? I just got caught in the "circle of hell" text captcha.... this rant was going to be longer but some of my keys ain't typing so well after the pounding I just put them through...

it looks like Dark0ne is trying to reduce the nexus' population.

I don't think Dark0ne has the intention to do that instead he is trying to make Nexus more enjoyable for everybody.

Anyway, I'm happy with the current reCapatcha login solution and the only thing I notice is that I have to wait a few more seconds. :happy:

i tried 10 or more times to get a login here. i know you all ppl can read but... have a lil fun ;) press that loudspeaker button and most times the audio is not correct. i had to reload the captcha and play the audio till it matches... the captcha system is messed up :)

Edit:

seems to be working again today...

have tried 2 times with 2 successful logins on first attempt

Edited by Graslama

i tried 10 or more times to get a login here. i know you all ppl can read but... have a lil fun :wink: press that loudspeaker button and most times the audio is not correct. i had to reload the captcha and play the audio till it matches... the captcha system is messed up :smile:

Edit:

seems to be working again today...

have tried 2 times with 2 successful logins on first attempt

Just curious were you using a mobile connection or something when logging in and having the issue?

The only time we've seen the problem is on shared IP addresses or in instances where the IP address changes between loading the login page and submitting the Captcha.

Just curious were you using a mobile connection or something when logging in and having the issue?

The only time we've seen the problem is on shared IP addresses or in instances where the IP address changes between loading the login page and submitting the Captcha.

I have indeed more than one uplink but the others are wireless connections and these needs to be established by hand. nope, no ip change that time. i used the same configuration (line, browser, plugins etc.) as every day :)

i was really surprised about that only 1 of 10th or so captchas matched the audio. 12h later everything seems to be ok again.

[Edit inset: i played around my nexus login and changed uplinks and you're right. the captcha goes wild and wrong till the browser is restarted no matter how many hours are gone as i changed my uplink line. i did'nt knew it because i'm not using sites with captchas at all. i still hate captchas hrhr. but thanks for not using google brainf*** anymore. acceptable compromise]

ofc ;) now i have another problem. the screenshots wont load from staticdelivery.n*m*.com or it's veery slow. hm,ya,it's gone tomorrow hehe

Edited by Graslama