Vault 76, What will make you give it a chance?

Mavkiel

Unless it magically became a single player moddable game with an actual story and NPCs that was installed and played on my computer (not someone else's that I have to log into), absolutely nothing. Zero interest in it.

Absolutely agree and I am in the same boat ... not interested at all if I cannot play it offline with mods ....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not like this new Bethesda addition ... never played an online game and this will not be the first time .. what a shame ... do not know if playing solo is allowed and if so, would I be able to play the entire game or just the main story ?

If solo is allowed for the entire game, then I will give it a shot, otherwise, I am out and hoping that the new Elder Scroll VI will not an online also ....

Well... Todd said "solo" is an option, but its not Single-Player. If you play solo, you can expect to meet groups. Then you have to fight vs 2-5 other people at the same time and they will probably kill you. In most survival games, solo is not an option, once you get out numbered, you are lost. I'm not a bad player and tried many games solo. Arma2(DayZ, all kinds of variations), Rust, Ark, Arma3(Exile) etc... its not soloable. You'll get frustrated and toss the game.

And i think there is no story. As there is also no dialog. Some story is maybe probably told with notes and such, but... well.. look at fallout 4, this is how deep it gets. A random note from a random guy, while doing something random and totally not related to anything.

I'm not sure if there is anything interessting, except the world/landscape, which looks very good and well made.

Right now there is little to nothing that will make me try this game. At first I thought well I’ll just get it on Xbox and play with Xbox friends but no private servers and you need a live account for another $60 a year so just no. Also if you spend any time on beth.net you’ll see the PvP trolls are already fully entrenched. Attacking anyone that would rather play solo or co-op

Unless it magically became a single player moddable game with an actual story and NPCs that was installed and played on my computer (not someone else's that I have to log into), absolutely nothing. Zero interest in it.

Exactly. I hate to hope it fails, but I hope it flames out hard.

Right now there is little to nothing that will make me try this game. At first I thought well I’ll just get it on Xbox and play with Xbox friends but no private servers and you need a live account for another $60 a year so just no.

Well I lost interest right there. If there isn't W.V. Interiors in the future, not going to play it. lol

I'm an exploration player, so while the lack of NPCs and likely minimal quests will certainly make it more boring I am interested to see the world that has been constructed.

+1

The danger for us single player dinosaurs, stuck in our offline tar pits is that the online social platforms are super-successful, delivering such massive predictable annuity returns, that games companies reduce their investments in our offline stuff. The price of progress.

Online games in terms of design are generally fun to play, and this makes them successful in the long term. What ultimately dampens the experience exponentially though is the kinds of people you end up, or rather get stuck playing with. They start expecting a state of being that no one can achieve: Perfection. You make one human error and you'll hear no end of it, and it's quick to go into the realm of verbal abuse. If you don't make like minded friends fast(critical period I find is at launch day), you'll end up in a world of one because everyone else starts forming little cliques - not permitting anyone they don't know to become part of it, and they almost never play with randoms and that leads to the next thing: Since you're a random, you're instantly seen as terrible, and yes its a double standard.

Edited by Rasikko

Right now there is little to nothing that will make me try this game. At first I thought well I’ll just get it on Xbox and play with Xbox friends but no private servers and you need a live account for another $60 a year so just no.

Well I lost interest right there. If there isn't W.V. Interiors in the future, not going to play it. lol

It’s sad and feels like MrJoseCuervo‘s prediction is coming true, Beth is trying to kill free mods. I had faith but have lost it, I had no problem with the CC but this is too much. Oh wait, “tn Todd we trust”

The PvP players have already overrun Beth.net. Spouting “git gud”!

Sorry to say I think this is a hard pass for me and I’ll happily sit back and watch it fail.

Well, I will just say that if the recent influx of PvP lunatics on Beth (most just joined the site this week) are any indication of the player caliber we would encounter in this mess of a forced PvP, I will NOT be purchasing this game. I play Fallout to escape real life and the jerks that inhabit it! I definitely do NOT want them in my game! I would love to explore the new world Beth has created and play co-op only with my very close friends, but this is not an option at this point. Additionally, since I play on Xbox, the required subscription fees make the game twice as expensive for me since I do not play MP games and therefore do not already pay for MP access. If I was guaranteed some sort of co-op only option, I would purchase the game and an Xbox Live Gold subscription, but I refuse to do either if I am just going to be subjected to idiotic bullies who cannot spell and constantly insult others by saying Git Gud.