Why Ulfric was right to kill the High King

SubjectProphet

Dunmer enslaved Argonians for centuries. They occasionaly went to Black Marsh to hunt Argonians! Though I respect Dunmer since Morrowind, I think in the recent past they've got what they deserved. BTW, Dunmer enslaved not only Argonians. There was a nice slave market in Tel Aruhn with slaves of every race (even Altmer - she was the most expensive one).

In terms of this topic... Every Tamriel race on this millenia-old continent has some old feuds with almost every other race. Nords and Dunmer fought each other in a number of great wars. It doesn't make Ulfric a racist when he cares about his people first.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Empire-supporting character had an interesting conversation with the new Jarl of Windhelm.

Is he going to do anything to help the Gray Quarter? Well, he's talking with the Dunmer about their situation. Nothing as firm as actually making plans yet, much less taking any action. There are war-related problems and material shortages to deal with first, you know. But you can clearly see he's not like Ulfric, who used the war as an excuse not to deal with the problems of the city!

Okay. Then how about the Argonians? Are they allowed into the city now? Well, no. Maybe someday. But it's for their own good, you understand! They wouldn't be SAFE in the city! Can't you see that banning them for their own good is very, very different from banning them for whatever unstated reason Ulfric had? (For all we know, Ulfric banned them for the same patronizing reason: to keep them safe from xenophobic idiots like Rolff.)

It looks like the more things change ... :)

The ask how is right in skyrim is not relevant.

because it is a instand world.

If the quest line dont change by a update, the ask is without a result.

Imperiumk or Stormcloak.

Stormcloaks have a massaker in Markart with the Forsacken??? (name is lost ;-) )

Imperium let the Thalmor do what there want.

And the Dragonborn can do what he wants. (exept killing Imortals like the Fieledgeneral)

The ask how is right is good questen.

But Killing a weaker King is a light way. The strong way could be he surpess him and make use of the weaker king.

But you see the end of the world on every villiag ( yes there are no citys), the sinking and nobodys cares about the defens.

The Nord (north) are weak and dont do much but there take the gold from the empire, and send tropps to them and loos.

Ok. But we are the DB and why dont we get the Hornor to be Jarl or the great >King????

In this game YOU SAVE THE WORLD AND GET A KICK IN THE ASS, Like THX for saving us but we dont neeed you......

and is dosent matter the side you choose always the same end.....

In this Stage kill all you in the right (LOL this is a joke)

My Empire-supporting character had an interesting conversation with the new Jarl of Windhelm.

Is he going to do anything to help the Gray Quarter? Well, he's talking with the Dunmer about their situation. Nothing as firm as actually making plans yet, much less taking any action. There are war-related problems and material shortages to deal with first, you know. But you can clearly see he's not like Ulfric, who used the war as an excuse not to deal with the problems of the city!

Okay. Then how about the Argonians? Are they allowed into the city now? Well, no. Maybe someday. But it's for their own good, you understand! They wouldn't be SAFE in the city! Can't you see that banning them for their own good is very, very different from banning them for whatever unstated reason Ulfric had? (For all we know, Ulfric banned them for the same patronizing reason: to keep them safe from xenophobic idiots like Rolff.)

It looks like the more things change ... :)

Ulfric splits the two races apart becuase he doesn't want the slave trade.

When I discussed this matter with my couple, an interesting idea appeared. Or an interesting question.

Jarl Balgruuf tells your character, that the Jarls were not asked about the terms of White-Gold Concordat. They were told to like it. So. Who signed it from the Empire's side? Who made that decision? Emperor, right?

We know general Tullius' opinion on the Civil War. But general Tullius is a Legion commander. It's his job to fight rebels, it's his duty to hate them. We know the Thalmor's opinion. We know Jarls' opinion. But.

What does Emperor Titus Mede think about this rebellion and civil war in Skyrim?

Really. What's his opinion on this matter? General Tullius says that this war will end with Ulfric's head on the pike, but what does the Emperor say? Considering my only meeting with him (on DB's line) it seems that Emperor Titus Mede is just a tired old man who wishes to die. Does he have any oppinion on Skyrim's civil war at all?

I fought and risked my life for Emperor Uriel Septim, and I don't regret it. I fought for Emperor Martin Septim, and I don't care that he wasn't crowned officially. He was an Emperor! An Emperor to fight for and to die for. But I don't want to fight for this indifferent apathetic old man pretending to be an Emperor! He's not my Emperor and I don't want to lift a finger for him!

PS: And considering the situation with Hammerfell, why couldn't Emperor Titus Mede just remove his troops (needed to oppose the AD) from Skyrim and allow Ulfric to make his independant kingdom? And make an alliance with this kingdom against the AD? I think there's no question on which side will Hammerfell be in the next war between the Empire and AD.

PS: And considering the situation with Hammerfell, why couldn't Emperor Titus Mede just remove his troops (needed to oppose the AD) from Skyrim and allow Ulfric to make his independant kingdom? And make an alliance with this kingdom against the AD? I think there's no question on which side will Hammerfell be in the next war between the Empire and AD.

Because that would ruin the Empire economically (or ruin it even more). It would not be able to support its current forces without its income from Skyrim and High Rock.

If Skyrim we're to secede from the Empire, it would be able to support its own armies (albeit, it may need to stockpile some resources). Skyrim's infrastructure wasn't really damaged by the War, or at least, it was repaired quickly and easily.

I don't think Hammerfell would hold much of a standing army. However, the Redguards are a warrior people, and their militia is much stronger than those of other races.

High Rock, unless the corsairs that attacked Wayrest have subdued the rest of the country, already has a standing army. In fact, they have several. All the fiefs and kingdoms have their own army.

Because that would ruin the Empire economically (or ruin it even more). It would not be able to support its current forces without its income from Skyrim and High Rock.

Empire is much ruined anyway. It has only 3 (three!) Provinces left, and even in theese... Situation in Cyrodiil is far from good, Skyrim is in a state of rebellion and civil war. What an Empire is it to allow all this... don't even know how to call it.

But my question was:

What's the Emperor's opinion on the situation in Skyrim? I mean Emperor Titus Mede (and I don't mean general Tullius - it's his duty to hate rebels, like I said before). And does the Emperor have any opinion on this matter?

Dragonborn is ready to ask a Daedra Lord to end this civil war! (Remember Clavicus Vile's quest?) And all Emperor Titus Mede cares about before being killed is death of the guy who ordered him.