Site updates and content filtering

Dark0ne

@Hickory

I Don't undstand why people are after me about this whole cencorship thing. I thought i said to forget i brought it up earlier.

I wasn't accusing anyone of anything.

Maybe I am wrong about the definition of cencorship and i appologize. but I was only originally trying to point out people who use this feature could be missing out when they block tags.

for example...

Someone might release a great house mod that just happens to have one artical of clothing in a container that happens to be a skimpy outfit.

The person who blocks skimpy/sexy tag will miss out on a great mod which they could have just ignored the artical of clothing instead of completely blocking a tag that has caused them to make the complete file hidden to them.

Edited by colourwheel

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is censorship on Nexus. But it is not the tag filter. I just wrote documentary and the u and m got censored.

About the filters... They could help find what you are looking for faster, but I think tag checkboxes should be available when searching or browsing for files and not somewhere hidden deep into user settings.

@colourwheel:

The point that I think you are missing, and please correct me if I am wrong, is that the tagging system, and the new blocking abilities, it entirely at the discretion of the user. If a person wants to block skimpy outfits, or anime, or whatever, that is their decision, and their decision alone. Nobody is telling them how to set the blocking options; nobody is telling them what they should or should not view; nobody is telling them what they should or should not download. It's an informed decision made by the user in their options.

@colourwheel:

The point that I think you are missing, and please correct me if I am wrong, is that the tagging system, and the new blocking abilities, it entirely at the discretion of the user. If a person wants to block skimpy outfits, or anime, or whatever, that is their decision, and their decision alone. Nobody is telling them how to set the blocking options; nobody is telling them what they should or should not view; nobody is telling them what they should or should not download. It's an informed decision made by the user in their options.

Which is why i was trying to point out to people who use this feature that they could be missing out on something they might be interested in by blocking specific tags. lol

Edited by colourwheel

Which is why i was trying to point out to people who use this feature that they could be missing out on something they might be interested in by blocking specific tags. lol

I don't get it. That's circular reasoning...

It is censorship, self censorship and thus isn't really an issue. I think giving people the option to filter out stuff they don't want is a good idea, I won't use it because as Colourwheel says I could end up missing out on something. Edited by jim_uk

I don't get it. That's circular reasoning...

Ok let me explain this again then i won't post anymore.

Say someone releases a great house mod. A house mod that happens to have one artical of clothing that happens to be skimpy/sexy in a container inside the house.

The user if he/she could view the file yet has blocked skimpy/sexy tag. the user would actaully thinks the house mod is the best house mod he/she has ever seen yet that one artical of clothing inside a container inside the house has caused the user never to even know the house exists. because he/she has blocked skimpy/sexy tag.

I don't know how else to explain this. if you don't understand what i am getting at then forget i even brought up this example.

User who use tag blocking could miss out on a lot of great mods and files being released.

it would be very narrow minded to think mods are being released that only fit one tag for each file

edit: one thing i find interesting is that eventually those user who try to block tags to fit their lore desires will endup noticing a lack of mods being released. Maybe it's just me but In my perspective judging from download traffic, a majority and quantity of files released don't ever fit the true gaming lore. lol

Edited by colourwheel

Ok let me explain this again then i won't post anymore.

Say someone releases a great house mod. A house mod that happens to have one artical of clothing that happens to be skimpy/sexy in a container inside the house.

Yes, I can see that, but that is where the beauty of the option settings comes in. A person searching for Armour can block 'Skimpy/Sexy', and then undo those settings when searching for, say weapons or houses. Simple.

colourwheel it is up to that person

I frankly am VERY happy to be able to go onto the oblivion nexus and not see more skimpy sexy clothing, high heel or hgec sexy conversions.

as for say a house with a single skimpy outfit, well that's up to the author to tag their content and the user to define what he does and doesn't what to see

anyways thanks dark one this really makes nexus that much better

Edited by thatsameguy