I wish there was a mod that...

yzerman19

Though you mentioned Live Another Life, in that mod's dialogue, there's an option to surprise you with a random pick and has been for at least a couple years.

LAL is, imho, a must have mod, i was getting sick and tired of always playing the same beginning of the game over and over again. now you have different options.

It was a great idea from the modmaker to make such a mod.

I love Live Another Life. Been hoping Arthmoor would add a total randomizer, at some point, which would allow for everything to be a surprise, rather than just start location, including whether or not the player would be dragonborn at all. I'd love to be able to just play a total rando character, maybe having spells, maybe not, maybe having the right resistance and/or power for my race, or maybe not, maybe handsome or maybe Quasimodo. Could be a lot of fun. I know there are some randomizers out there, but I'm still hopeful Arth will incorporate it into LAL.

One of the problems I've always had with Bethesda games is their NPC AI in combat, specifically their tenancy to jump in the path of your sword swing or laser fire, etc. I wish there was a mod that kept friendly NPC's from entering your threat range in combat. An example: Anytime I have a follower and we encounter bandits or what have you, I break out my sword and start swinging. Invariably my follower will jump right between me and my opponent, taking my sword strike to the back of their head. I don't want a mod that negates friendly fire I just wish there was a mod that could teach friendlies, " hey, stay out of his sword swinging area." Is there something like that or is this problem so intrinsically linked to Bethesda's gaming engine it can't be fixed?

If you use Amazing Follower Tweaks, there's a setting to have the follower keep their distance, and another to have them catch up on weapon draw. The catching up can be problematic at times, but if you turn that off, they'll lag behind you a bit more than vanilla followers, so you get a chance to actually fight things, before they're in the way...usually.