Interview with an eight yr old

Glhadiator

My granddaughter is an avid Skyrim player. She thinks Skyrim and talks Skyrim. I am constantly amazed with her ability in the game. I told her this and she replied, "Well then, perhaps you should interview me and put it on the Nexus." If you knew her you wouldn't be surprised by that statement. And so I decided to share an eight yr olds view of Skyrim.

G-Could you tell us a little bit about yourself?

K-Umm..well, My name is K. I'm eight and I just graduated thrid grade and I play Skyrim. I have a family that I love very much.

G-So you play Skyrim, do you play on the PS3, X-box or the PC?

K-Actually I play on the PS3 and the PC.

G- Don't you find it difficult to switch between the controls?

K-Yes, sometimes up is down or down is up which is confusing when there is a Dragon above you. But that doesn't stop me!

G-How long have you been playing Skyrim?

K-About three months...ummm...about 250 hrs.

G-Do you prefer to play vanilla Skyrim or with MODS?

K-With MODS!

G-What is your favorite MOD?

K-The one that puts Malukahs' song "The Age of Aggression in the game". So that when you ask a bard to sing they sing her version of it. I just love it!

G-Do you have just one character?

K-Mmm...no I have two. One is female, her name is Alicea and she is a Dragonborn fighter! The other is male, his name is Aragon and he's also a Dragonborn fighter. They both have horses..well except that Aragon got his killed.

G-Do you prefer to use spells or weapons?

K-Both!

G-Which is your favorite?

K-Weapons! I like to dual wield Imperial swords. I really like that. It's so cool.

G-You have the whole summer in front of you. Are you going to play Skyrim?

K-Yes! A Lot! But I don't think my mom will let me play as much as I want to play.

G-If there was one MOD that you would want someone to create what would it be?

K-A talking dog! Dragons, Cat people, Lizard people, walking dead, werewolfs and vampires...why not a talking dog everywhere!

Well there you have it...a future Modder for sure

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She sounds like a person who knows how to play the game. I often create characters with no intention of upgrading to the best items possible. I think of a concept and a look, and I stick to it for as long as I can. Dual wielding imperial swords sounds fun!

...dafuk?

^This.

8-year old, playing an M game, and so addicted to it? You know there are lots of pretty mean words in this game right, like "bastard" and "b*tch" and others (lol these words are even censored on this forum)? Granted these aren't swear words in today's society but I don't think 8-year olds should be near those just yet. I haven't even sank 250 hours into it yet and I'm 23.

Edited by Heartcloud

This is lighthearted and kind of cute, but wowza at 250 hours of playtime in three months from an 8 year old. Do help work with her parents and encourage her to not spend too much time playing games, to make sure she does her homework, etc. When I was her age, I played a lot of video games, but it is just important to help her realize there is more to life than playing lots of video games.

And tell her the game has a talking dog. :P The one near Falkreath.

Edit: Just saw this mod after seeing this thread - pet cats and dogs in Skyrim: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=17424 Get this mod for her, it is totally a good mod for an 8 year old girl.

Edited by Dubnoman

For a game rated "M" I find it considerably more tame than the majority of media being aired over the television and radio.

Leaving your child unattended with a remote control or stereo seems much riskier than letting them play Skyrim.

Yeah even though it's rated M, I don't think it's really that mature, except a bit of violence. To be honest I haven't really heard much language either. That was a cute interview :)