An independent New Vegas mod.

devinpatterson

Is Anthony House going to be in the mod if the player sides with House? I thought that it might be possible to have him working with Yes Man in order to take over the Lucky 38.

We definitely could use some filler material for the House story line. In a way he could mirror the House revenge plot line of the NCR, independent, legion endings, if we can put together a feasible way for him to get control of Yesman/the mainframe and thus gain control of the securitrons. Because right now, the House story line is basically him just having the courier carrying out little vengeance missions (kings) or clean up operations (stray legion elements). We can make it work, but it'd be nice to have more.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question.

Is this a WIP or just a bunch of people getting together and talking about what they'd like to see from this mod if it ever gets made?

Short answer;Yes.

Just a couple of pages back was a similar question, so I'll just link to my answer there.

Long answer; there are a couple of betas a few pages back, but the newest one should be out tonight, so I'd wait to use that one. Primarily what we are doing is trying to progress the Mojave after Hoover dam, and that includes all aspects of it. Little things like vaults you clear out to the Strip. So if you have ideas you think should be included don't hesitate to chime in.

Also we need voice actors.

I have osme abilities with FNVEdit. Primarily in removing ITM and UDR material. I may also be bale ot use it to de-clutter cells and world spaces but I can't guarentee anything there.

Well, I have mediocre Geck skill... but I'm not even remotely sure on how to script or anything. Ah well.

I do better with story lines, personally. But, if you need some help, I'm willing to offer it.

That's OK working with the geck and story lines are very important. Don't sweat the scripting, it's not my forte either, but going through all of the hoover & legion camp/fort has helped. And we can definitely use your help. I'll try to organize things in teh coming week, more on that below.

I have osme abilities with FNVEdit. Primarily in removing ITM and UDR material. I may also be bale ot use it to de-clutter cells and world spaces but I can't guarentee anything there.

No worries re: guarantees, I simply appreciate the help and we can certainly use it.

So I'm almost done with clearing out the battle. There's still stuff in the fort, and a few audio markers or audio sets that need to be reset (I hear some faint battle music). Also a giant fire covering the whole fort, pops into existence near the ncr check point half way across hoover. Not sure how/why, there isn't a trigger there. & it's not visible from anywhere except teh damn (so it's not like the fort is actually on fire when you get there).Maybe some weird LOD thing, tripped by one of the battle controllers.

I finished opening up the road to the legate camp. I'm not too sure why they closed it off or did the t-port zones. Maybe to better control who wandered into the boss battles? There wasn't an open gate for the inner legate camp, so I edited one in blender. I missed a few faces and had to make them from others, but it turned out OK (at least no missing faces left that I can see);

Pic

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/legateGate_zps2b137cf7.jpg

Plus when camp McCarran is finally safe, we can use the same model to open it up (I don't think McCarran is a mini world). I'll do the same for the road to the fort.

Should only be another day or two and the base mod will be done. From there we can start differentiating the 3 or 4 faction mods. I think we have some early stuff for Independent ( the riots) and House (Houses Dbag moves against the Kings and others), but we could use some early quests from NCR command. Still up in the air about a legion mod, but at least their early quests are pretty easy....if it moves, kick the cr*p out of it (especially pacifying the strip & families).

Oh, also I'll make a post in the mod talk forum. That will have technical details, dev log etc. So this one will be kept primarily about quests/story line in general, for those in the know and don't mind that it's a giant spoiler. The Viva NV post in mod talk will be more technical for the actual modding. When the first mod is uploaded to nexus it will generate a forum and that will be for additional ideas, requests etc but won't have any info on what is being implemented in teh project.

I would be skeptical about the riots.. particularly the Independent ending with the Securitrons at the Fort activated. Any chaos in the Strip dies out rther quickly and Outer Vegas seems to be getting along fine as a business as usual thing.

any files?

Sure. Here is a mediafire link, and a dropbox link, they also include the new gate. So make a save beforehand and when your done testing it, revert back to teh save. Don't use this as a permanent addition to your mods until I can finish the fort. It *may* not cause any problems if you have an active save & you try to upgrade to a newer version, but it won't trigger the script unless the mod is loaded from a clean save (since it only fires once) and it might conflict with itself if it runs twice.