An independent New Vegas mod.

devinpatterson

If Vegas is independent then:

1:Freeside is order and patrolled by Kings

2:Outer walls anf gates of Freeside is guarded by securitrons

3:Main roads are patrolled by securitrons

Yes these are possible if desired by the player.

4:If player chose to keep BoS then they also patrol the roads and

all laser weapons are in their pozession per agreement.(No Silver Rush)

Yes that is one of the endings of no gods, no masters (independent NV) and may be a point of *contention* for the player. If there are strong ties and an allegiance to the BOS it may not be a problem to cede control of I-15 and 95 to teh BOS, or possibly patrol with Securitrons (smilar to how one of the NCR endings has the BOS and NCR patrolling those locations jointly). Or the courier may decide to push for control of those two freeways.

The BOS will has no authority over the silver rush. There is no actual agreement in the end slides for the BOS to posses all laser weapons (that I'm aware of), rather the BOS commandeers technology on their own authority, especially on trade routes like I-15 & 95 (depending on their ending).

5:Maccaran is now a secritrons base and serves as reapair and rearm base.

Supplise are delivered by train from Vegas and camp has no shortage of them.

(Why NCR couldn't do this?)

Camp McCarran is a fairly secure fortification and it's possible to make it a "home base" or a "securitron base" but it probably wouldn't be the best idea as there are higher priority/value locations. As an example, the lucky 38 mainframe is the weak link to teh couriers power. The couriers military might depends on the securirtrons, which in turn is dependent on the lucky 38 mainframe, so it might be considered of much greater strategic importance (and thus more heavily defended). Hoover being one of the greatest resources in the post war southwest probably has a higher priority than McCarran. If the securitron vault has resources like spare parts, repair facilities etc then the fort also becomes a high value target for aggression. I think those three locations are your most essential locations to protect and should probably receive more military resources. McCarran is a relatively well fortified location, one of the better protected sites in the NV area, but it's not of the same strategic importance of the previous locations mentioned.

6:Primm Goodsprings and Novac are guarded by securitrons.

7:Nipton is getting rebuilt.

Yes securitrons can guard small towns and other locations. Goodsprings and Novac may require a good rep with teh faction, or speech check as some of the settlers (like easy Pete) seem to be resistant to any organized gov "controlling" their town.

Anyway that's the way I see independant Vegas.And that's not all cuz I probably forgot a lot of stuff.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

I just finished up FNV using the independent route. I would like to continue to play. Does your "An end to the infinity war" mod allow this. You mention in the discussion on the mod page that you were going to tweak it, so you would move back to the Wasteland after the slideshow? Did that get implemented?

Thank you,

I don't think I got around to to changing the script, but most of it is pretty simple (just reverting/reversing) some of commands/functions implemented in the slideshow room script. If your interested in it, let me know and I can try to find the time to take and look and write it up

Check my story Fallout: Rise of the New Vegas Confederacy on Fanfiction.net

It should give you some pretty good ideas

Yeah, been meaning to get back to modding, so I'll try to find some time to peruse your ideas soon. Thanks for pointing it out

• 3 years later...