An independent New Vegas mod.

devinpatterson

The ideas I've got in mind regarding the Fiends ties in with my ideas for the Brotherhood under McNamara. I thought that a deal could be worked out with the Brotherhood where they can clear the outer Vegas area of Fiends. This would allow the Brotherhood to collect a good supply of energy weapons from dead Fiends.

That makes a lot of sense to me, but I wonder if, as a player, it might be better to have a more hands on approach. I'm thinking that one of the options should be a chance for the player to get in there and get his/her hands dirty and take them out directly. I think some players will appreciate the combat. I can pile on some extra fiends and if they are all killed I can remove the respawners.

I think I mentioned this a while ago but If Motor Runner is dead then the Brotherhood can be offered Vault 3 as a base to operate from.

Yeah it's a good resource. Would you see it as a small outpost, a new chapter or just a temporary place to hang their hat while they are cleaning up the fiends?

If the player managed to negotiate a ceasefire between the Brotherhood and the NCR then I'm sure this idea can also be used in the NCR version of the mod in addition to patrolling the roads in exchange for salvaged power armor from the NCR Brotherhood war which was mentioned in one of the Brotherhood's ending.

Sounds reasonable, and I'd say even if there wasn't a end to hostilities in the game prior to Hoover, it should be an option that player can achieve post battle (once again assuming McNamara is the elder). Re: the return of the salvaged power armor, wasn't there also something just before the battle too, where you could convince Oliver to give up the armor in return for BOS help (IIRC). So I think we're on firm ground, lore-wise in that dept.

However I doubt this scenario would be possible under a chapter led by Hardin.

I think if Hardin is Elder everything is going to be an uphill battle :sad:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What or where were you thinking the Meo vault might come into play, vault 21 or ?

It has the cool Vault City gun turrets that blend in so nicely with sandcrete that that's main reason I'd want to use it, however, other than that single bit of furniture, it's a really nice looking (and very clean) high tech building set that could be used for the Lab areas of Hoover Dam.

There was some discussion about the player accessing Van Burens secret lab to give the player a high tech facility /player home all of their own, and that's not a bad idea at all.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Hoover_Dam_Sub-Level_1C

If you look at the textures of the Meo Vault, it's not specifically labeled anywhere as a Vault if you know what i mean; there wouldn't be any doors appearing underneath Hoover Dam that are labeled Vault 101 or anything.. that'd really blow the atmosphere if there were lol

Hmmm doesn't seem very erotic though.
But on Dukovs the texture is actually whats giving it that re-bar look. It's actually a solid mesh, if it had a different texture it could look like solid brass (the normal map might have some ridges in it, but it doesn't have to be used). Add a shader effect and it will look like a million bucks. Of course that may be completely out of character and far too luxiourious for the bar you have in mind. Might fit better at the ultralux (if they ever go down the prostitution route, or they might just consider it art)/Ghmorrah. I could use a scrap metal texture on it. But I just figured, being an erotic sculpture, it might fit in well at Dusty's.

A brothel made out of sheets of scrap metal at the base of a Dam isn't very erotic either :)

If you can make it look good without making it look so good that it looks out of place, then that'd be cool, that's what I was worried about- that it wouldn't fit in very well. But i mean, if it's an older brass statue, maybe a few scorch marks here and there, then I guess it'd work.

The furniture markers seem like they might be useful in a prostitute house too, since we can have the ladies sitting in provocative poses on non furniture items. Really you can make a furniture marker into almost any static nif, crate, toilet even a box car. That might give a sort of more relaxed ambiance, then everyone just sitting on chairs in a normal pose

I'll keep that in mind when I make the NPCs for the bar, and label them "strolling" or "sitting" or w/e, if there's a way to ensure that a few NPCs remain permanently sat down around a table, as if they're talking to each other, then that'd look pretty good too.

BTW Lucia if there is anything you want me to put together for you in blender, just shout.

I don't think it'd be something to create in nifskope, but Gunslinger, make use of the paper maps that the NCR have at their outposts and have them on the walls, that'd be a nice addition... hmmm... that's all I can think of right now.

I definitely like the idea having the Ranger pistols mounted too.

That makes a lot of sense to me, but I wonder if, as a player, it might be better to have a more hands on approach. I'm thinking that one of the options should be a chance for the player to get in there and get his/her hands dirty and take them out directly. I think some players will appreciate the combat.

True, it would be boring just to sit back and let the Brotherhood do all the work. If the Brotherhood bunker is destroyed in the House version then I can imagine the player can still have the option to send his/her securitron army to eliminate the Fiends from the area. Incidentally there is a mod that uses in game material that was cut out where it's possible to set up an alliance between House and the Brotherhood http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/37729//?.

Yeah it's a good resource. Would you see it as a small outpost, a new chapter or just a temporary place to hang their hat while they are cleaning up the fiends?

To be honest I didn't think that far ahead in regards to Vault 3. I'm not sure if the Brotherhood would want to keep it as a small outpost. Once the area has been cleared of Fiends then I'm sure it's got the potential to be something similar to Vault City as a small community build around a vault. At least it's in fairly good condition compared to some of the other vaults in the Mojave area.

Re: the return of the salvaged power armor, wasn't there also something just before the battle too, where you could convince Oliver to give up the armor in return for BOS help (IIRC).

That was only mentioned in one of the Brotherhood's end slides. From what I remember of the original mission it was Colonel Moore who ordered the Courier to eliminate the Brotherhood. She was quite miffed when the Courier was able to arrange a ceasefire with them. The player also suffers a drop in his/her reputation with the NCR over this, albeit a very small drop.

Just to give you all a heads up I'm working on a draft version. @Devin I know you didn't want me to delete objects but to get the feel of a home/command room some stuff may have to go. I'm assuming that for every object i delete you'll have to script out correct?

AHHHHHHH trying to attach anything to those walls is nigh impossible. They're all at awkward angles.

Don't forget to set your snap-to angle in geck. You can set it up so objects are happy with the weirdest angles.

Just to give you all a heads up I'm working on a draft version. @Devin I know you didn't want me to delete objects but to get the feel of a home/command room some stuff may have to go. I'm assuming that for every object i delete you'll have to script out correct?

I'd go into FNVedit and removie the deleted status of the records. For each item deleted I have to make add them to my script. It's not a huge big deal, though. I understand you'll need to delete things so you can get the visual feedback of what your doing.

I'd go into FNVedit and removie the deleted status of the records. For each item deleted I have to make add them to my script. It's not a huge big deal, though. I understand you'll need to delete things so you can get the visual feedback of what your doing.

Ok I'l be mindful of that then. Luckily they're arent to many objects to begin with in there.

Also

My newest version of my house is back up since the download is working.

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/51280/?

It has the cool Vault City gun turrets that blend in so nicely with sandcrete that that's main reason I'd want to use it,

Ah gotcha, yeah those will look good.

however, other than that single bit of furniture, it's a really nice looking (and very clean) high tech building set that could be used for the Lab areas of Hoover Dam.

There was some discussion about the player accessing Van Burens secret lab to give the player a high tech facility /player home all of their own, and that's not a bad idea at all.

Yeah definitely. I had planned a mod a long while back, before my break and had some good ideas/notes for it. I was going to use the think tank but 1. it's very recognizable even with some major construction, and 2. I can't find my notes or the esp that had I'd started working on. So that tile set seems like a great choice.

A brothel made out of sheets of scrap metal at the base of a Dam isn't very erotic either :smile:

But that's why it fits in so well, two young ladies in a passionate embrace made from rebar

If you can make it look good without making it look so good that it looks out of place, then that'd be cool, that's what I was worried about- that it wouldn't fit in very well. But i mean, if it's an older brass statue, maybe a few scorch marks here and there, then I guess it'd work.

Dusty's (and really the majority of hoover city) is your baby though, so what ever you feel comfortable with. To me the rebar is a slam dunk, but if you don't like it, no sweat. But I would be better if you keep an eye out for the texture, since I wouldn't really know what you'd prefer. Then if you do find something it's easy to add to the game, and if you don't now worries.

I'll keep that in mind when I make the NPCs for the bar, and label them "strolling" or "sitting" or w/e, if there's a way to ensure that a few NPCs remain permanently sat down around a table, as if they're talking to each other, then that'd look pretty good too.

I think if we made a little script to do the sitting as a looping animation and set it via script with playloop a very large number of times, we could keep them sitting there for hours. I havn't tried it, so I'm just brainstorming right now, but I think it's do-able.