Weird - void like - visual bug

HagiuAlexandru

So..... watch the video. In that general area, that visual bug happens. I don't know why it happens tho. That area used to be alright , but for some reason , it started doing this now. Also, it's happening only in that area.

Anyone knows why this is happening and how i can fix it? Or.... will it fix itself in the optimization stage of the mod?

@Hagiu,

have you followed some of the tips and tricks in

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5522717-fallout-4-optimization-and-performance-systems-explained/

There's a few options to explore there;

I think looking at the vid in Post #1 of this thread,

it might be a non-manifold item being put in there, or damage/cell corruption to the topology.

in any event,

it is an odd 'visual artifact', so I'm interested to see how this resolves.

@Hagiu,

have you followed some of the tips and tricks in

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5522717-fallout-4-optimization-and-performance-systems-explained/

There's a few options to explore there;

I think looking at the vid in Post #1 of this thread,

it might be a non-manifold item being put in there, or damage/cell corruption to the topology.

in any event,

it is an odd 'visual artifact', so I'm interested to see how this resolves.

not yet, i was planning to take a more indeepth look at that post when i would start optimizing my mod. anyway , i haven't broken any precombined objects, at worst, i just moved everything from the old sanctuary under the ground and disabled it. also , as i said in the main post, this bug wasn't allways there. i noticed it for the first time, after i've finished building the other part of the city (the one with the factory) . and the other part of the city , is literally in the other part of the sanctuary island...

...i haven't broken any precombined objects, at worst, i just moved everything from the old sanctuary under the ground and disabled it.

If you’ve done that to "everything" you’ve almost certainly disabled precombines for those cells. Moving or simply nudging any item that is part of a precombined mesh will disable the system for that cell.

If you look at your worldspace edits in xEdit any static items labeled [Placed Object] that show as overrides are going to be items that are part of a precombined mesh. If they are showing as overrides, they have been recorded in the CK as an edit. That will break the precombines, meaning the optimization system will be disabled for any such cells.

The only time I’ve ever experienced that trippy visual glitch in in the Tales from the Commonwealth copy of Vault 75. It’s a copy of the vanilla vault cell but has no optimization whatsoever. I was getting that same exact rendering issue at the vault entrance. Rebuilding the precombine/previs data for the cell resolved it for me.

In my case and yours, I suspect the visual artifacts are a VRAM issue from the GPU being forced to render more items in an unoptimized cell than it can handle.

I’d suggest you try regenerating the precombine/previs data of your edited cells on a copy of your mod to see it that resolves it. I have a feeling it will. It’s worth a shot to eliminate it as a possibility.

Rebuilding the precombine/previs data for the cell resolved it for me.

Likely because Creation Engine uses Occlusion Planes and Roombounds for culling and regenerating precombines made it use the precombination/previs system instead. Vanilla cells have lots of sloppy occlusion planes that cause funky artifacts and were never removed properly for release.

Essentially, if we were to go ahead and manually optimize downtown Boston with Roombounds and Occlusion Planes (while also cleaning up that mess) we could put a safety net below the precombination system for people who don't know better.

Not that I'd be exactly keen on doing this, it's essentially work for trained chimps.

Rebuilding the precombine/previs data for the cell resolved it for me.

Likely because Creation Engine uses Occlusion Planes and Roombounds for culling and regenerating precombines made it use the precombination/previs system instead. Vanilla cells have lots of sloppy occlusion planes that cause funky artifacts and were never removed properly for release.

Yup. Very much aware of all that and more or less what I was saying, but you added more detail. :wink:

The TftC cell in question was an exact duplicate of Vault 75 minus any optimization whatsoever: no precombines/previs. No roombounds, no portals. Gar nichts. Nada. Just a big ole vault rendering everything in it all at once.

Not that I'd be exactly keen on doing this, it's essentially work for trained chimps.

That's why we need interns.